Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized BG shoes, just how BG are they?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve been running Shimano shoes for a good few years now with a combination of cleat wedges and in the shoes wedges to sort out my spazzy feet.

I’ve just bought some Specialized BG Shoes in the sale. They’re comfortable but before I bolt a cleat to them, I need to replicate my wedge set up. Does anyone know just how much tilt they have in them? I read 1.5mm somewhere but as we all know, that’s not an angular measurement. Any one know what difference they make?

TIA

Onzadog
    Free Member

No one else use them?

wwaswas

maybe just put your old wedges in with a standard insole and you’ll know the exact angle then?

MSP

The shoes have no tilt in them, you buy bg wedges separately.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new pair in the sale and stored them til my existing pair wear out.
    I too have spazzy feet.
    I have some northwave ones atm as when i tried to replace my ageing BG ones there were none available for 2 months. My previous ones are still going after two years although looking a bit tired nowadays.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks. That’s how I found out about the 1.5mm tilt. I’m trying to find out what that equates to in terms of my shims. I’m trying to replicate my shimano prescription without having to pay for another video motion capture session which costs as much as the shoes.

stanley

I use them and wedges for my shonky feet too!

Think it’s a 1.5 degree Varius (sp) (outward)tilt built into the shoe itself….. not the removable footbed.

iainc

The shoe has a 1.5mm non removable varus wedge built into the sole. They are supplied with a pack of wedges you can use to increase or decrease this in 1.5mm increments. If you need arch support you can buy blue or green insoles to replace the standard red ones. I wear orthitics in my normal shoes and replicate these in my Spesh shoes and boots with no additonal wedges but blue footbeds. They are a pretty sorted system that allow you to experiment. The blue or green footbeds are pricey at £20 ish, but worth it and last as long as the shoes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized BG shoes, just how BG are they?’ is closed to new replies.