Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized BG 110 Trail Boot equivalent?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I used to have a pair of shoes called the BG110 Trail by Spesh. I replaced them with some Shimano AM50s. Both are essentially a MTB shoe with some ankle protection. The Shimano ones fell apart yesterday and I’d like to go back to Spesh as they fit me better.

But I can’t find anything similar in the Spesh range.

Am I right or am I missing something?
    Any recommendations?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No. They discontinued them – I had to get a pair from the states on close out

No idea why – really liking them. Assumed I’d get he Am50s if they wore out

higgo
    Free Member

The AM50s were OK (but just OK) – all the while I had them they were slightly uncomfortable. Not bad enough to bin them but I don’t fancy another pair.

I guess I’ll just buy a pair of normal Spesh shoes without the ankle bits if the Trail 110 is gone and not replaced.

BadlyWiredDog

I went through three pairs of Spesh 110s, the soles tended to disintegrate. Now using Mavic shoes and really rate them. Shame the Alpine XL only comes in white though.

d45yth
    Free Member

Shame the Alpine XL only comes in white though.

+1!

Simon

Had some AM50s for around 18 months but both shoes split in the same place, on the outside of the foot just behind the toes. I returned them to the shop I bought them from but they wouldn’t replace them. They did knock me some money off some new shoes though, so I bought some AM30s which are lasting better.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I went through three pairs of Spesh 110s, the soles tended to disintegrate

Sole on these seems the same as my old Spesh shoes – they’ve lasted really well. Are you sure you didn’t have the more expensive, supposedly grippier, 120’s? seem to remember reading they didnt’ last.

khegs
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Mavic Screes?

They look pretty similar to the old Spesh trails, which I really like, too.

I’ve got the posher Trail 120s, & apart from one of the lugs tearing off they’re still in pretty good nick

Del

I had the 120s and they were basically bald underneath, then talking to me, as the crabon separated from the rest of the shoe, but while they lasted they were excellent. a workmate went to the US last year and I had him pick up one of the remaining pairs of 110s that were around.
    dunno why spesh behave like this. there is nothing like it in their range now and when you look around there are a few people bemoaning their disappearance from the market.
    they appear to have packed in doing sunnies as well, and they were really good too.

scruff
    Free Member

Mavic shoes are great, even good enough for me to not put my flats peggils on this summer.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

they appear to have packed in doing sunnies as well, and they were really good too.

+1, still riding my very early Spesh Adaptalites and Katie has a pair of the last ones they made.

Those Mavic look good but GoreTex/waterproof suggests they’ll be too hot for summer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized BG 110 Trail Boot equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.