Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Specialized Air Tool Blast – anyone tried one?
  • mc2
    Free Member

I see that Specialized do their own version of a tubeless inflator for a reasonable £40.00

https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/117288

Has anyone had any experience using it?

jam-bo

No. But at that price and with specialized warranty I’ll probably get one.

If I were airshot I’d be worried.

mc2
    Free Member

That was my thought. I’ve ordered one so we’ll see….

twisty

To the best I can tell this thing doesn’t have a pump, it is just a bottle and a valve.
    I couldn’t bring myself to pay £40 for that, even if it is convenient, when I could bodge something together for a fraction of the price or get this or this for double the money and would be useful for a million other things.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Not quite so handy though are they when your at a race or a last minute fix out the back of your car?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep text says it needs a pump. The airshot is 60 quid and simple but effective. The major advantage over a compressor is it’s portable (ie chuck it in the boot) and I’d be happy to take the lid off and throw it in my hold luggage. Not sure how the spec one looks on x-ray:)

The Spec one does seem to have some more interesting bit of plastic etc.
    Having used an airshot it’s one of those things that at some point I’ll buy and just own for the next 10 years so the price is about right for that.

twisty

Yeah fair enough, it just seems like silly money for a simple bit of kit.
    I am surprised nobody appears to be making a track pump that has an air chamber built into it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I am surprised nobody appears to be making a track pump that has an air chamber built into it.

Prepare to be amazed

http://www.pushys.com.au/topeak-joe-blow-booster-tubeless-tyre-floor-pump.html

twisty

Ah, maybe I should’ve looked a bit harder before saying that 😳
    Looks like there are cheaper ones around too

It still wouldn’t stop me from doing a DIY thing if I ever actually had any problem seating my tyres with just my general purpose track pump

jam-bo

tredz are doing the airshot for £50 now and it does look a litte more substantial than the specialized one.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I bought my Airshot off here for £40 and I think it’s well made and should last. The Airshot guys are cool to and helped me with a part I needed for free.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you want a tube just get a water fire extinguisher with a standard air valve

i went for 6 litre one on reflection i wish i had gone for a 3 litre one as its about 300 pumps or more on a track pump to get it up to 120 psi

I found the 2 litre ghetto was ok for a UST tyre on a stans rim but for anything else it was ineffective

I guess if i ever need a new track pump i will get the airshot as its not really that much different in price from my Renkompressor one

andybrad

i use an old powder fire extinguisher. If im honest if i cant seat it with my cheapo bbb track pump then the extinguisher struggles as well so its not that good tbh as its usually another issue (like im trying to do it with a dirty tire)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If im honest if i cant seat it with my cheapo bbb track pump then the extinguisher struggles as well so its not that good tbh as its usually another issue

If I can’t seat it with a track pump (for big volume stuff mostly) the Airshot does it fine, and as above ligher, more portable and easier to chuck in a bag. Win Win really

cloudnine
    Free Member

Anyone used this yet?? Was just thinking of buying an airshot for £45

jam-bo

Where can you get an airshot for £45?

mc2
    Free Member

Mine arrived on Friday and worked great. I already have a perfectly good track pump so no need to pay the extra for the Bontrager or Topeak ones.

Certainly worth the £40.00

cloudnine
    Free Member

Tredz.. There always a £5 off voucher pop up over £30 spend on their website

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just used code ECWJ2R gets £5.. plus 3% on TCB or quidco

jamj1974

My Airshot has been brilliant.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Air Tool Blast – anyone tried one?’ is closed to new replies.