• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by J273.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized 3M downtube protector
  • J273
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone can help with this?

I bought a stumpjumper FSR 29er frame new a while back but it was missing the thick 3M pre cut downtube protector that comes on pretty much all spesh frames ive had.

I did contact spesh but they wasnt much help and ended up buying some helitape which isnt much good tbh.

Does anyone here work for a concept store or has anyone bought a frame recently with a spare in the box as im sure they all come with 2 in the box.

Mines a 2013 frame but i think any year stumpy 29er frame will fit.

Many thanks

Heres a pic to show what im after

bramblesummer
    Free Member

https://www.invisiframe.co.uk/StumpJumper

There isn’t a 2013 listed, but there are later models that I’m relatively sure will also fit. The invisiframe come as a complete kit, and you can specify matt or gloss finish. Looking at your photo, a matt finish would be pretty good. A complete kit will also help protect the whole frame if it’s still in pretty good condition. I’ve certainly thanked myself for doing it on more than one occasion!

If you don’t want a complete kit, then perhaps call invisiframe and see if they will do just the lower parts.

J273
    Free Member

Yeah I already have an invisiframe installed which has kept the frame in great condition but it doesn’t include a downtube protector which is a shame.

Tbh I’d ideally like to get hold of one that came with the frame though if I can.

golo
    Free Member

If you email Lee @ Invisiframe he may be able to custom cut you something… or do you one of the parts he already has.

I used his generic road bike set on a road bike. The downtime protector was massive and would probably do the job for you (I have a Camber and Enduro to compare to).

J273
    Free Member

Ok cheers guys – Ill get in contact with him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 3M downtube protector’ is closed to new replies.