Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Specialized 2014 – Some great looking bikes!
  • bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Earlier this week we had the fatboy

and a very fast looking Stumpjumper carbon WC

Along with neat stuff like double bottle cages on the Epic and disc road bikes.

But now I notice they are bringing out a very nice looking drop bar all-roader in the AWOL:

As much as I root for the little guy, they really seem to have got something for everyone next year (spec wise at least!)

Here is a good post of details: http://twentynineinches.com/2013/07/15/specialized-shows-the-2014-goods/

Bregante

Minging

brakes
    Free Member

Specialized are all about the “murdered out” look for 2014.
    :LIKEY:

the AWOL is a gravel bike isn’t it? a bit USAey – will they have that in the UK. do we have gravel races in the UK?
    also hydraulic rim brakes on some of the tough road bikes, which is a new one on me.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The first two look decent, but what on earth is the AWOL? It looks hideous! So wrong in so many ways.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    Minging

Compare that to the other similar bikes like the Salsa Vaya then!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I saw the AWOL as a ‘commute to work (via the local singletrack if its nice and dusty)’ type of bike! They might look a bit funny but I guess there are specific requirements for that sort of bike…

scotroutes

AWOL – Adventure WithOut Limits

They are pushing it as an adventure race bike too.

http://wearegoingawol.tumblr.com/THE%20AWOL

ratherbeintobago

They do have some nice bikes this year, but WTF is going on with the Carve re-name? Wouldn’t it have been better to come up with something completely different, rather than making it sound like they’ve named a bike after a brand of breakfast cereal?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Camber evo looks tempting.
    Now we just have to see what spesh uk decide to import. 🙁

scotroutes

I can imagine a production line of folk with scissors in one hand and “Carve” decals in the other…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Some great looking bikes!

They must be the others (not pictured). These ones look very generic to me.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Nothing that “floats my boat”!!

njee20
    Free Member

New Epic looks good to me!

moonsaballoon

Has anyone else seen their new swat stuff . A chain tool and spare link that is part of your stem cap and a multi tool that connects to a bottle cage .stem cap is quite nifty i thought .

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/bikes/first-impressions-2014-specialized-trail-bikes/

ska-49
    Free Member

I love that SWAT stuff. Carrying bags and putting stuff in pockets is my pet hate. Wonder if they’ll sell it separate? Not seen any mention as to where the ‘air’ comes from..

_tom_
    Free Member

The Stumpy 26″ is the only one that looks nice.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I REALLY want the black stumpy evo 26. It looks sooooooooo nice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nice bikes but eyewatering prices – is 2013/4 the year that bike companies finally lose complete touch with reality.

Northwind

AWOL is funny looking but it’s just the bar height, sort that out and it’d no longer be gawky.

teethgrinder

HOW MUCH 😯

thegerminator
    Free Member

just wait till next year, they will
    do the usual massive discounts, have
    to be the worst for dumping kit, no
    love for the big s here! 😈

Toasty

AWOL just looks like a Tricross disc?

Love the rigid carbon 29er Stumpy!

brakes
    Free Member

ooooh. it’s very black.
    I don’t like the Spec saddle from this angle though.

grum
    Free Member

Uh oh, Specialized are doing a fat bike. That kind of spells the end of fat bikes as the nicheista’s bike of choice. What’s next I wonder? 🙂

freeridenick
    Free Member

camber evo looks like a serious weapon 😛

I_Ache
    Free Member

That stumpy is such a nice looking bike. I might have to sell my wife and kids if Spesh bring it over here in that colour!

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I reckon the new Stumpjumper 29 evo looks awesome. If I were in the market for a newie, it’d be top of the list.

_tom_
    Free Member

I reckon the silver one looks better

Northwind

That SWAT stuff is clever, can’t see me using much of it but it’s a nifty idea. Though, all seems a bit dry weather? Chainlinks and presumably chaintool open to the sky, multitool exposed on the bottle cage, odds of those all working correctly after 6 months?

patriotpro
    Free Member

$9k for a stock Specialized, granted I couldn’t afford it but if i could, a STOCK bike from one of the major makers wouldn’t be my choice.

How do they justify it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

$9k for a stock Specialized, granted I couldn’t afford it but if i could, a STOCK bike from one of the major makers wouldn’t be my choice.

$9k is £6k, and 4 years ago it was £4500*, which is still a lot, but not out of this world, especialy when you consider that even in 2004 when I started riding with any real enthusiasm MBR’s “trail bike of the year” test started at £2k and went upto that kind of money.

*and the Yanks being their biggest market by far will be seeing the opposite, the exchange rate means bike parts have probably never been cheeper in $ prices.

patriotpro
    Free Member

So $9k if bought in yanksville is bloody loads then if they are reeping the rewards of cheap bike parts.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love bikes from the big S and if I could afford one I would spend a lot on an S-Works Stumpy Evo or an S-Works Enduro.

I find Specialized really annoying when it comes to shocks but I cant fault anything else about their bikes.

_tom_
    Free Member

New bike prices are getting absolutely ridiculous now. 6 grand for a push bike is nuts. In fact I reckon anything much over a grand is stupid money.

atlaz
    Free Member

In fact I reckon anything much over a grand is stupid money.

You may be on the wrong forum then

Toasty

New bike prices are getting absolutely ridiculous now. 6 grand for a push bike is nuts. In fact I reckon anything much over a grand is stupid money.

New car prices are getting absolutely ridiculous now. $1,000,000 for a Mclaren F1 is nuts. Infact I reckon anything over $15,000 is stupid money.

Can you think of a broad area of retail where you don’t have the full range of prices? Mobile phones cost between £10 and £700. TVs cost between £100 and £10,000. Every one has diminishing returns, pick where you want to be on the scale and buy it.

I’m content spending about £2-3k on a modern full sus mountain bike. If I earned double my salary I’d be tempted to spend more.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 2014 – Some great looking bikes!’ is closed to new replies.