Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Command Post users
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve recently fitted one of these, the ircc one, and notice that after the post has gone up again it takes a tiny bit of movement to click (audibly) into place so it’s locked solid. Is this normal or symptomatic of something not quite right? After a bit of a saga with a dropper from another brand I’m hoping this one will be boring and uneventful 🙂

Tracey

Cant say I’ve noticed that on any of ours. Next time out will check.

austy
    Free Member

Got a command post blacklite, the last one with external routing, I do find there is a little clunk being the best way to describe it when i put downward pressure on mine but i summise it is the mechanical internals settling into the grooves to support it. never had any problems with mine and a few years old now.

nasher
    Free Member

Make sure the length and cut of the cable is correct as this can cause issues …. Assuming it is the stealth one.

spower3
    Free Member

Got a Command Ircc on mine, always had an audible little click when I sit on it after returning to fully extended. Never thought it to be an issue and the post is working faultlessly.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s the one, a little click as if the mechanism is settling. If others do it it sounds like it’s normal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s the one, a little click as if the mechanism is settling. If others do it it sounds like it’s normal.

I had that same noise on one I had on test recently.

I love the Command Post lever, but the post itself just isn’t as good as a Reverb, IMO.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Its certainly not as smooth as the Lev I had, but I wanted reliability this time, and this seemed a good bet for that. No hydraulics.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Command Post users’ is closed to new replies.