Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Special trail races?
  • MSP

I want to do more trail running through the winter, and am looking for a race or 2 to enter next year to keep me focused.

I am looking for something special that will give me memories and a real experience to look back at, maybe something with alpine mountains and deep blue lakes as a backdrop. I think that marathon distance would be the absolute maximum, so no ultras.

Any suggestions?

Jamie
    Free Member
    piemonster

What areas are you looking at?

Have a look at the LDWA events, often have both runners and walkers

MSP

I was thinking of something in the Alps or other European mountain range.

andytherocketeer

For something insane, the only one I could think of was the Inferno (Mürren-Wengen-Grindelwald or something like that). But that’s a Duathlon/Biathlon (which one is bike+run?) or maybe Triathlon I think?

Also a DH ski race of the same name in the same location.

mogrim

There’s a mountain marathon in Madrid that’s pretty popular, nice scenery and usually good weather (in mid June):

I’ll probably be doing it next year, assuming no injuries etc of course!

I did the Zumaia Flysch Trail this year, gorgeous part of northern Spain and ideal if you fancy a bit of a beach holiday too (Edit: mid July).

It’s less than marathon distance, but a lot harder than a normal road marathon.

MSP

They look just the kind of thing I was looking for, duly bookmarked. 🙂

andytherocketeer

Dutch friend that I ski with might have done the Run/Bike one in Wengen. Can ask. He’ll know all about the event for sure.

Might have done the ski DH one too (bit like Megavalanche on skis from what I gather), and I know one other who definitely has.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Special trail races?’ is closed to new replies.