Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Speccie enduro vs enduro evo
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Is an enduro evo *frame* more likely to survive downhill/bike park type abuse than a normal enduro? (I would assume the longer fork and coil shock would but correct me if I’m wrong).

And, is it a lot harder to pedal uphill?

jamesfts
    Free Member

What year are you looking at? I’ve an Enduro evo frame but running non evo yoke, rp2/23, offset bushes and 36 floats. Geometry works out slightly slacker and lower than a regular evo (evo yoke and offsets was a bit too slack).

The frame is no more or less likely to survive, only difference between them is the yoke and shock.

Is an air shock less likely to survive over a coil… maybe. I think the Enduro is pretty tough on rear shocks and have blown a couple of Fox air shocks. A coil shock will definitely be tougher to pedal though the Enduro isn’t great regardless of shock choice.

I’ve taken it to Antur, Llangollen, Pearce tracks etc and never felt under-biked or even missed my dh bike.

munrobiker
    Free Member

As above the frame itself is the same but they run a different linkage to adjust the angles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Is this the Ohlins model, if so looks bang tidy and worth going for, I too am interested to know if anyone has one and how it pedals as I have never had a Speshy.

sideshow
    Free Member

I meant the newer models really, 2014/15. So are the new frames still the same apart from shock/yoke?

A coil shock will definitely be tougher to pedal though the Enduro isn’t great regardless of shock choice

I thought the non-evo enduro was meant to be alright uphill…

lardman
    Free Member

I ride my Enduro Evo pretty much everywhere, up down, around. The up hill ride is very dependant on the shock, not so much the slacker head angle. The stock VanillaR was not vey good TBH, but the CCDB coil i put on, makes it an acceptable ride up hills.

Front wanders a little on really steep techy up bits, but it’s still just fine. The weight however, makes me very slow and sweaty on the ups.

The strength of the two frames will be exactly the same, but you’ll appreciate the slacker angles (on the EVO) on the bike parks/DH’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Speccie enduro vs enduro evo’ is closed to new replies.