Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spec me an Audi A4 / A6 estates…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Any owners, what year, mileage, engine and economy, overall ownership thoughts? I’ve had two VW Passat estates which were very reliable, frugal and quick enough but not keen on the facelift styling.

Thinking something like…

http://www.oakwoodmotorcompany.com/used-AUDI-A4-Bolton-Bury-Manchester-510137

Or something older if the bang for buck factor works out better. After full leather too and one issue i’m finding so far is 80%+ are cloth seatage.

Mark78
    Free Member

I have a 62 plate a4 SE technik avant, has the 160 odd HBPW engine. I’m impressed, returns 60-62mpg on motorway cruising at 70, loads of torque for overtaking, another level of comfort and quietness from the older model. Also the technik, comes with leather as standard, parking sensors and satnav.

It’s a company car and should be replaced next year. I’ will be getting another.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’ve had both now on an A3 which is fine for 95% of the time and when we need something bigger, we put on a roof box or take my Discovery!
    The bigger the number A3/A4/A6, the more toys you get as standard and more refinement. We have fully loaded all 3 cars for sing in the Alps and I have to say that in the A6 the journey was over almost as soon as it began – it’s great for cursing motorways. Having said that, most of our journeys now are fairly short, so now, the A3 is perfect…
    A4 was a W reg 2.5TDi, A6 was an ’08 2.0 TDi, A3 is ’13 2.0 TDi. All have nice cabins (I prefer them to BMW) and the 170HP 2.0 is surprisingly nippy and I get an average of 52mpg (not the 67mpg quoted – see honest John for real world mpg figures).

Albanach
    Free Member

2003 A4 1.9TDI 130bhp 6spd manual owner here since 2007 the car has done around 160,000 and gets on average around 52mpg on my daily commute of around 40 miles on main road at approx 60mph. I’ve got cruise control which is class for a commute like mine plus great for long motorway journeys. Cloth seats (black) which in the back have had minimum use due to no kids. I use a seat cover which no doubt has stopped the seats from being trashed from daily use so I’d recommend them. The boot space in an A4 is disappointing in terms of biking & golf (I’d love it to be the same size as my mums old W reg A4 estate) however with the seats folded down it holds a huge amount of gear.
    In terms of running costs apart from the twice a year oil change plus usual service & cam belt change it’s been pretty bomb proof with only a few things having gone a wry:

1) front demister actuator failed which was replaced with a part from a scrappy for €25 and done myself
    2) rear window wiper motor went €100 odd and replaced myself
    3) sensor went on accelerator pedal resulting in complete loss of power – again a good scrappy had the part for €30 and an independent garage replaced for €30
    4) the boot mechanism can be a bit funny when the weather gets very hot and sunny but can be opened with the key. Again a good scrappy will get the part for a relatively small fee

I think that covers it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I had a 2007 SE Quattro A6 – very nice fit out, leather interior, all the little curtosey lights, separate zone climate control. Car did 120,000 miles with no issues, 2.7TDI auto. As noted above it’s a fabulous car on a long journey – 4 adults down to Marseilles (14 hours) numerous trips to Alps, outstanding in the snow. I would have another, only gripe was its big and a handful in a city centre multi-story.

mmannerr

Don’t know much about equipment specs as importers can create their own spec levels but for B8 generation I’d want these gadgets in addition usual BT, cruise etc.
    3 zone air con – this will get air vents for rear passengers ( if you have any)
    Sport seats – adjustable thigh pad length
    Indoor light set – glove box light plus other indoor lights

Oh and most of the pre-facelift 2.0T engines really eat oil but are more economical when driven normally and much more fun to really drive than post facelift 1.8Ts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spec me an Audi A4 / A6 estates…’ is closed to new replies.