Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spec me a Vagabond build without micro shift changers please
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Planning on buying a Vagabond frameset but don’t fancy micro shift changers, can you use Sti changers with an 11-36 cassette?

ampthill

Yes

Option 1 Use Sora 9 speed. Any 9 speed MTB rear mech will work. As will an MTB front mech meaning you an use an MTB chainset

Use Tiagra 4700 (the latest one). Rear mech’ goes to 34 teeth so it seems that it should work with a 36 teeth

Use Tiagra 4600 and then use a 9 speed MTB rear mech

I feel less confident about the front with 10 speed. I think you can use a road triple and triple shifters, this will go down to 26 teeth. Or double shifters and the inner 2 rings of a triple. Or a sub compact double

Jerm

You can also use a road 10 speed sti with an MTB 9 speed rear mech as the cable pull is the same.

simondbarnes

You can also use a road 10 speed sti with an MTB 9 speed rear mech as the cable pull is the same.

Apart from Tiagra 4700

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shimano 11s speed bifters will work with Shimano 11s MTB mechs IF you fit one of these:

Shiftmate 8

swanny853

Jtek or wolftooth tanpan. I have the 10 and 11 speed versions and they do the job fine.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies, now to build up the parts ready for the new frame which Genesis are releasing later this year and back to the lovely purple which is replacing that awful white frameset.

cokie

Fudge- interested in your build plans. I’m looking at building up a Vagabond too.
    Is there any differences between the ’16, ’17 & ’18 (alluded to in your post) frames? Other than colour, of course.

fudge9202
    Free Member

According to Genesis geometry remains unchanged I’ve asked them to furnish me with any updates to the frame spec and should have a reply next week. Looking forward to a pic from them with the updated graphics

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spec me a Vagabond build without micro shift changers please’ is closed to new replies.