Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spec me a… bootliner
  • Northwind

Just put down a deposit on a Mondeo estate (05 plate) and planning to get a bootliner for it… But rather than one just for the boot, I’d like one for the boot + folded rear seats. I thought Hatchbag did these but it turns out it’s just the boot cover with a foldy-flat bit for the folded seats, I was hoping for a full liner. Anyone know if these exist?

FuzzyWuzzy

I know someone with something similar to this if that helps, they aren’t cheap though http://www.boot-buddy.com/ExtendedProtection/PromaxKit.asp I also find the rigid plastic sides a bit annoying if trying to adjust something in the back from the passenger doors .

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.overthetop.co.uk/shop/Car_Seat_Covers_and_Boot_Liners.html

Always been very impressed with these folks.

zimbo
    Free Member

Try Rhino UK Bootliners…

sharkbait
    Free Member

+1 for Overthetop. We’ve got some stuff that’s 15 years old and still works perfectly.

Northwind

Grand, cheers folks!

stgeorge

For a 7 year old mondeo I would use a tarp from B&Q or a carpet off-cut shaped to fit.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The plus point for the Overthetop stuff is that it’s all machine washable. We’ve got two types; one that’s thinner but a big and somehow manages to stick to the carpet going up the sides of the ineterior so no fixing required. The other is a square quilted mat that has a rubber backing and is completely waterproof – these are fantastic and can be used for all sorts of stuff including [obviously] being transfered from one car to the next.
    I can’t see us having to replace them….. ever!

nedrapier

Intuition are very good.

headfirst
    Free Member

+ 1 for bootbuddy, works well with two dogs aswell, yes its a bit pricier but its ‘fit and forget’ – its permanently in the boot of my passat estate.

Aus
    Free Member

+1 bootbuddy – as headfirst, fit and forget. Been surprised how clean our boot is when we occasionally take it out bearing in mind 3 spaniels, 2 boys, bikes etc

Northwind

Bootbuddy looks just the ticket… Does it form around the wheel arches? The pics look pretty boxy…

stgeorge, tbh it’s more about convenience/usefulness than about perfect protection for the car, it’s been nicely worn-in for me already 😉 Cheap tarps aren’t much cop, they flop around too much and make a load of noise but carpet or a decent heavy duty tarp are also options.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spec me a… bootliner’ is closed to new replies.