Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spec Camber 29, what you rekon lads ?
  • weeksy

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Sale Bikes&product=Camber 29er – 2012 Mountain Bike

Debating a 2nd steed and this being so heavily reduced makes me think it’s a pretty good purchase. OK, so it’s running a 9 speed drivetrain, doesn’t bother me as such…

But… what you rekon ?

weeksy

or the daytime crew 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

I think you are risking the wrath of STW on three separate fronts here my friend, if I may:

1) you are asking about a Specialized. A non-approved brand on here, even though their bikes and products are generally superb.

2) you use the word steed(without an emoticon to donate irony)

3) you spell the same word incorrectly twice in one short thread…

FWIW I am sure it will be an excellent bike and if I could afford one I’d be having it…go for it!

khani
    Free Member

Looks ok, pretty low rent everything for the money though, These look better vfm for the same price,
    Plus those Ario shocks are rubbish and 200×47 isn’t a normal size so not easy to upgrade..
    If you can stretch your budget the Anthem x1 29er or the KHS Prescott can be had for £500 more (about £1700ish)and are much better specced..the KHS Prescott is a silly spec for the money

weeksy

I was debating an Anthem x29 as i already have an XTC29 and like Giants as this one has been solid. But the lure of the price tag is winning on the Camber.

Will look at the KHS now, i saw a few in a bike mag at the weekend and thought i should look more.

Gotama
    Free Member

Appreciate this is not really in the spirit of this whole website but……do you actually need a full sus? I thought you deemed the yelli too much bike for the terrain you usually ride (as well as being too big)and now you’re looking at a full sus?

Wait a couple of months and get a Surly Krampus. Squidgy tyres to give you a bit of cush (if thats what you’re after) and looks like a lot of fun.

Or get a steel framed 29er be it swift, niner, new Dialled etc….

weeksy

Need…. no… i’d say no i don’t need one. Just ‘fancied’ one really.

I’d love a Niner.. but they’re just silly big money. The reason for the FS was to get a bike that was the same, but different. I could easily for example buy a Scott Scale 29er Elite, but in all honesty, that’s just a lighter version of my Giant…. so is there any real point.
    Part of the reason for new bike purchase is to take advantage of the 2013’s coming out and dropping down the price of the 2012’s. Also the wife is going to be using a bike for occasional training/fitness, so she’d get to use the Giant, i get a new toy. I guess you could to a great extent call it GREED.

I’m not sure where i’m going with all this now 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spec Camber 29, what you rekon lads ?’ is closed to new replies.