Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spear Of Destiny + The Wick Effect @ The Well, Leeds 18th July
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

well pleased to get this one 🙂

tickets £10 from the venue, Jumbo or Crash records, Leeds, or from Seetickets; all subject to booking fee

The Well (formerly Joseph's Well)
    Hanover Walk
    Leeds
    LS3 1AB
    0113 2440474

tazzymtb

YEY as long as they play liberator and the wheel I'll be a happy boy!

B*****D, just realised I'm working in F**kin london. Good effort to the support slot though

Coyote
    Free Member

Well done! Don't know you from Adam but I am genuinely pleased for you. Hope it goes well.

john_drummer
    Free Member

cheers chaps 🙂

edit: it's a Sunday, working in London on a Sunday? they must be paying you well 😉

never mind them, have a listen to us: http://www.reverbnation.com/thewickeffect

rexated
    Free Member

I saw Kirk doing a 2-man show 'Spear-Lite' in Ilfracombe a few years back. Only 20 people were there but he gave it a everything. His voice may be an acquired taste, but the man is a legend in my book and one of the most under-rated singer-songwriters around. Enjoy the gig!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I'm sure we will, cheers 🙂

Nick

first proper gig I ever went to was SoD, aged 16, Powerhaus in Birmingham, circa 1986/87, support act were fun, 20 Flight Rock, good luck with the gig!

Napalm
    Free Member

Going to see them at the Albert in Brighton next Saturday.

Alas, unlikely to be Liberator or other One Eyed Jacks era as they are playing the World Service LP.

Napalm
    Free Member

Cracking gig last night in Brighton. I reckon the Albert holds about 150 or so and everyone came out with huge smiles.
    Really good set list with most of World Service plus choice tracks (Liberator, Rainmaker, Soldier Soldier etc.) and they also threw in The Original Sin.
    Kirks voice recovered after a shaky start and new track Undertoe sounded ace.
    Well played Kirky.

Castrol
    Free Member

John, brilliant, again first proper gig I went to was Spear. That was 1987 at Rock City in Nottingham. Good luck, wish I could make it. Liberator is awesome but closely followed by Soldier Soldier.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Second proper gig I went to, Glasgow Barras 1986, the tee shirt finally gave out in about 97, supported by The Bolshoi who were very entertaining. Break a leg John.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spear Of Destiny + The Wick Effect @ The Well, Leeds 18th July’ is closed to new replies.