• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • SPDs that look like normal shoes
  • SaxonRider

I would love to get a pair of SPDs that I could conceivably wear all day without it being massively obvious that they were cycle-specific. They would have to be black, and at the very least passable in the ‘smart-casual’ category.

Any suggestions?

woody2000

Not black, but you can’t have everything 🙂

SaxonRider

I think I’m going to be sick. 😯

Anyone know of, or used the DZR Minna?

I suppose it would be nice to know that the actual cleat isn’t going to be clicking on the floor all day, and that I can actually walk in them.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Giro Republic

tomhoward

I just wear these

and if people ask, they’re orthopaedic shoes…

prawny

Define normal shoes, I’d wear Dromartis to work

Edit – for the womens but I reckon they’d probably have mens options

6 Stylish and Cool Women’s City Cycling Shoes

onandon
    Free Member

Reynolds classic are super nice but spendy.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d wear Dromartis to work

You work in a bowling alley?

cubist
    Free Member

I have a pair of DZR Mamba. They don’t look too special.

linky

They became very tatty very quickly but are still going 18 months later used daily rain or shine. They do weigh a ton but are pretty comfortable to ride and walk in.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve looked for these before. For the casual option you could try some black enduro type shoes that can be walked around in. Those leather Giro thingies are road shoes afaik and hence not really walkable.

Other than that – found naff all.

cubist
    Free Member

Chrome do some nice ones as well

http://www.chromeindustries.com/footwear/bike-shoes/

drlex
    Free Member

I had a pair of DZR Minnas; lasted under two years before one cracked across the sole. Since I wore them only half the year, and often changed out of them after commuting, I didn’t bother getting another pair.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

a pair of SPDs that I could conceivably wear all day without it being massively obvious that they were cycle-specific

Isn’t the problem here that even if they look nothing like a pair of cycle shoes they’ve still got a metal cleat on the bottom which will clank off thing, scratch floors etc etc.

I’ve come round to flats on any bike that I’m going to ride in normal clothes which means you just wear normal shoes.

woodster

I’ve had some Chrome Kursks for years and they still look good. They work well for commuting and popping into town etc., but aren’t exactly all day wear items.

nickc
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘SPDs that look like normal shoes’ is closed to new replies.