Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SPD-SL pedal servicing question
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

My left pedal has developed quite a lot of play in the axle and while I’m rather tempted to take the opportunity to upgrade I’m thinking I should have a go at servicing them first.

Things is I’m not sure whether I’ll need a spendy tool to do it. Looks like I’ll need a little plastic pedal axle tool for a couple of quid, but there’s some other bearing tool you apparently need for some pedals which is much more expensive. I don’t think I need that for mine but was hoping someone could confirm? Also I don’t have a vice if that’s an essential bit of kit.

Pedals are 105 5600 SL.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Bump..

Mister-P
    Free Member

You need TL-PD40 to undo the axles, it’s a couple of quid. I tend to put the tool on the axle then clamp it in a vice. You can then grab the pedal body and turn it to undo the axle lock bolt.

ransos
    Free Member

I’m sure I adjusted mine with a normal spanner – 6600 SL which I imagine are the same. You could just have a loose locknut, but if the outer shell is worn out, I doubt there’s any servicing you can do.

IIRC there are two small nuts on the end of the shaft so you don’t need a vice – just two spanners.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll get the couple of quid bit and see how I get on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SPD-SL pedal servicing question’ is closed to new replies.