Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SPD Shoes
  • toaster93
    Free Member

I've just broken the velcro strap on my cheap spd shoes. I bought them to see if I liked spd pedals, and after realising a do, would like to purchase some shoes of a higher quality.

I have a budget of around £50 (£60 max)

Can you please recommend me some?

Thanks

matt_outandabout

Experince says that Specialized shoes fit well and last for ages for me – and can often be had at very reasonable prices.

Having said that I took a punt on some cheap Diadora off roads and they are comfy, stiff and lasting well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Specialized BG sports are the way forward on that money

pixelmix
    Free Member

I like my Shimano shoes. Nice and comfy and you can take the insoles out to dry em out (which you couldn't with my previous cheapo diadoras). They are quite small, so choose a slightly larger size than usual.

toaster93
    Free Member

What model Shimano shoes are they pixelmix?

Thanks

pixelmix
    Free Member

I have the M122 ones, although I think they have been replaced with something else similar. My ones are very light and breathable so you'll get wet cold feet with this model (I just wear SealSkinz in winter to get around that). They have quite a stiff sole so good power transfer, but actually quite easy to walk in as the grips aren't too hard a rubber (my old ones felt much more clunky around the office).

Edit – I presume the M123 is the replacement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SPD Shoes’ is closed to new replies.