Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SPD cleat wedges
  • Joe

On my road shoes my cleats were wedged by a clever man who used some protractors and a turbo trainer… and hey presto my knee shit went away.

Anyway i’ve been looking online; is it possible to do similar with a time/eggbeater/spd cleat? ‘Cos I almost feel like riding my look pedals on my mountain bike at the moment, because the shoes feel THAT much better.

therevokid
    Free Member

you could also try the specialized in shoe wedges … ?

Onzadog
    Free Member
    alwillis

Short answer is yes they are available.

Longer answer is that they tend not to be as good- small bits of plastic get chewed up by smaller metal cleats combined with the forces of riding off road. What you can get for SPDs is a wedged cleat, so it’s all made out of metal and gives a slight angle, the only problem is they only make one option currently so it’s not as flexible as the plastic ones.

I’m not a huge fan of the in shoe wedges- in general they are less effective, but they can work well and if you use eggbeaters etc then they might be your best option.

Edit- as above any shop with an I-ride account can get you all this stuff, but obviously you are at your own risk if you are experimenting!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SPD cleat wedges’ is closed to new replies.