Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sparrowhawk 1 collared dove 0
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs. S texted me yesterday “OMG there’s some kind of hawk in the garden. I think it’s eating something. Where’s your camera?”

The camera is a Lumix FZ200 which I’ve had a short while and used a handful of times. Mrs. S has never used it.

Next text “how do I use it?”
    My response “turn it on, remove the lens cap and zoom in/out with lever on the right. The shutter button is next to the zoom.”

This is the result, taken through a bedroom window 15m from the dining area by a shaky, inexperienced wife.

Not bad eh?

Oh – and bear in mind we live 4 miles from Manchester city centre. Wildlife is everywhere and anybody can photograph it.

jam-bo

grass needs cutting.

JAG

Nice picture Mrs OP 8)

They’re beautiful creatures providing you’re not a Dove, Pigeon or anything else they fancy eating!

We had one in our garden earlier this Summer and he was eating a Blue Tit on our lawn 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wild strawberries?

derek_starship
    Free Member

jam bo – we have a natural 3m x 3m patch under our sycamore to encourage bees, hedgehogs etc.

A-hem.

onandon
    Free Member

Baby robin ?

matt_outandabout

Oh yeah. Love this kind of thing.

I found one vs Jackdaw a few years ago.

Houns

Had one take a pigeon out mid air, land 3m in front of me and ripped it to shreds as I just stood there and watched. Sadly no pictures as I was on my way to pick my phone up from repair

Eyepic
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Wild strawberries?

I thought it was a bit of bramble!!

lunge

Birds of prey are awesome. I bloody love a good hawk or suchlike.

sandwicheater

I’m almost sure that’s a duck, probably.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Seen it a few times, great photo, new one today though wasp and honey bee battling it out on my ivy first , then tumbling to the deck where they spun around for a good few minutes going hammer and tong, the wasp was getting the better by now , sadly I was going to be late back to work so looking forward to going home in half an hour to see whose left on the floor, part of me wanted to break it up , but nature and all that!!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Awesome creatures, where got a monthly visitor, swoops over the fence before streaking across the lawn at about 4 inches altitude before pulling up and over the fence into next doors target zone.

AlexSimon

Thought this was going to be a Singular Cycles naming thread. Is disappoint.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Impressive!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sparrowhawk 1 collared dove 0’ is closed to new replies.