Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sparky Question – installing power and light in the loft – ballpark price?
  • beamers

Afternoon all

Looking for some advice from the resident sparkys or anyone that has had similar work done.

Currently our loft doesn’t have any lighting or power in it and I’d like to change that situation so that I can use the space, for oh I don’t know, something like a massive scalextric set.

Any ideas how much this is likely to cost?

Ta in advance.

thepurist

Could be over 500 quid depending on exactly what you want.

beamers

I’m sorted for scalextric track and cars.

(That linked set looks mighty fine though)

I just need a large space to set it up. The loft, once equipped with power and light, will be ideal.

alanl
    Free Member

Anything from £100 to £300.
    If there is an easily accessible power circuit on the 1st floor, and, you can tap into that, and get the cable easily up into the loft (via airing cupboard? then it shouldnt take much more than 2 hours.
    If however there is no easy route up, then expect to pay £300.

beamers

Cheers alanal.

Good tip about the airing cupboard.

tjagain

How many lights and how many sockets? Lighting circuits are almost certainly in the attic space anyway to serve upstairs so only needs to be tapped into depending on the design of the lighting circuit. Power – one socket can be taken from a spur, several and it needs to be a ring. Lots and a complete new ring running all the way back to the fuse box might be best.

A very rough guess one light one socket a couple of hundred. something more sophisticated – many hundreds

beamers

I don’t need lots of sockets, just one or two I guess in order to power a scalextric set.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sparky Question – installing power and light in the loft – ballpark price?’ is closed to new replies.