Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sparkies in the House – 30A Fused Spur
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

OK – I’ve got a Samsung commercial tumble dryer arriving today. Really need it up and running this weekend but I can’t get an electrician out ubtil the end of next week.

The manual states:

The appliances in the UK Must be hard wired into a spur capable of at least 30A

The laundry room also houses the Consumer Unit.

Can I fit a 32A MCB and run cable to a cooker style outlet with a separate switch?

Obviously I can’t fit a plug to it and I assume I shouldn’t use the existing circuit for adding an outlet?

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Yes 32A mcb in consumer unit (assuming surface installation)

4mm cable to a 32A double pole switch (assuming clipped direct and length is ok for volt drop)

I trust you would then employ someone to test and certify.

russ295
    Free Member

If there is a spare 32a mcb stick it in there until your sparky turns up and get him to do it and get a eic cert that will cover your arse should out go wrong, (he doesnt need to be be registered with anyone as comercial is different, part p is only for domestic) I would bother with a switch at the minute, let the spark sort that out.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

It’s a commercial type dryer but it’s for domestic use.

There are spare slots on the Consumer Unit so I’ll get a 32A MCB and I’ve got 4mm cable.

Yeah, I’ll get it tested and a switch done by the sparkie. Good shout.

russ295
    Free Member

you will need a “part p” sparky then

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cheers 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve hard-wired my HiFi to a separate spur, but – a washing machine? Seriously? 😯

bruneep

Nope not seriously its a tumble dryer. 😉

Sandwich

Nope not seriously its a commercial tumble dryer.

It will draw more current than your standard Miele jobbie with a 3 pin plug from John Lewis. (Note ticks all STW domestic appliance boxes).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sparkies in the House – 30A Fused Spur’ is closed to new replies.