Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sparkies – any such thing as oversize plug/switch sockets
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Got a couple of sockets that the plasterboard has been cut too large for so theres a bit of a gap round the socket. Rather than going through the pain of trying to fill the gap in is there such thing as oversized sockets that would fit a standard socket box, or do I need to get the filler/sander out?

johndoh
    Free Member

Do it properly FFS

😉

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

You can get a single gang light switch cover plate, not sure on sockets though……….
    I would use impact foam and a skim of easy finish plaster.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Do it properly FFS

I come onto this forum to avoid comments like that from wife 😛

Cheers thrusty, I shall look into the impact foam solution – I assume we’re talking about a solid foam to fit before the skim and not some kind of expanding filler from a can?

globalti
    Free Member

Use chewing gum like the bloke who built my house did.

nickjb
    Free Member

Something fancy like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-switch-finger-plate-colour/dp/B004HYD39U

You can get them in white

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Lime green diamonte surround. Mmmm, it might just work….

donks
    Free Member

You can get surrounds for wiring accessories, we used them on building where the outlets had to contrast with the white walls (DDA requirements).

Failing that you could always fit a USB and socket outlet as these are longer than standard sockets. It depends if the cut out is too large in all directions?

oldgit
    Free Member

If you go to metal sockets (brass, chrome, brushed etc) then yes you can. I’ve used an oversize range from G&H Brassware, not at all expensive either.

unovolo
    Free Member

Ecking flip a light switch with a V’jazzle

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Use chewing gum like the bloke who built my house did.

Has it lost its flavour yet ?

Cheers

Mr L. Donegan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sparkies – any such thing as oversize plug/switch sockets’ is closed to new replies.