Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spare tyre triples the risk of heart attack?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Well thats me then! better put the biscuits back on the shelf

What tyres for a heart attack?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9502246/Spare-tyre-triples-the-risk-of-heart-attack.html

meehaja
    Free Member

hardly ground breaking news from the telegraph there! Over weight people are more at risk of heart attack than people who are a healthy weight.

I’d suggest super tacky minions on a road ride.

xcgb
    Free Member

I’m not overweight according to my BMI but this is the issue…

having a normal BMI “should not reassure them that their risk for heart disease is low”. “Where their fat is distributed on their body can mean a lot .?.?. even if their body weight is within normal limits,

nickjb
    Free Member

Over weight people are more at risk of heart attack than people who are a healthy weight.

Except it says the opposite of that:
    “Men and women who are not overweight but store most of their fat around their waist are at greater risk of heart disease or stroke than the clinically obese. ”

mrmo
    Free Member

over weight is just an excuse. The only thing that really matters is how much fat your carrying. If you are “overweight” it could be muscle, but most people shouldn’t delude themselves and claim big bones, muscle etc. If you think your a little on the large side your not, your fat. Change in perception in the UK about what is normal.

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Yikes i’m a goner then, it must be true or the paper wouldn’t have printed it. 😆

Hareydan
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 spare tyres at the moment, should I get rid of them?

xcgb
    Free Member

yes, especially if they are nobby nics

Solo
    Free Member

but most people shouldn’t delude themselves and claim big bones, muscle etc. If you think your a little on the large side your not, your fat. Change in perception in the UK about what is normal.

I would agree, but the swivel eyed maniacs in the popular media hold the public’s attention and seem to change their message about diet on a monthly basis. That and the fact that the medical community isn’t entirely in agreement about what people should or should not include in a balanced diet. Although at least most appear to agree that exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.

The genie is out of the soda pop bottle and ain’t gonna be put back in.
    😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spare tyre triples the risk of heart attack?’ is closed to new replies.