Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spare time around Filton (Bristol) with my MTB
  • grtdkad

Hopefully going to have a spare evening around Bristol in the next couple of weeks due to work…choice of (a) fester in hotel room / bar or (b) take the bike and explore a bit.

Any decent trails on the doorstep?

andyl
    Free Member

See how long you can rag it round the Mall at Cribbs before security catch you?

iffoverload
    Free Member

nice BMX track in Patchway if you want a workout!

grtdkad

Too old for bmx tracks, fancy a chase around the shopping centre though, that could be a new sport!

Daffy

It’s a fairly short cycle/drive to Ashton court.

MrAgreeable

There are a fair few local trails to explore, nothing life-changing but fun for a quick blast. All waymarked and easy to find.

Local trails

Just remember a couple of nuggets for the bridge toll, and be careful if you’re parking inside Ashton Court as they tend to be fairly prompt about locking the gates.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s some cheeky riding around Blaise Castle. Rooty singletrack stuff, but it can suffer when damp. Ashton Court/Leigh Woods is the easy option. All weather and good fun for a quick blast but it’s a few miles from Filton

flashes
    Free Member

Ashton Court / Leigh Woods are really the best option, it’s cycleable from Filton, especially if you ride round the outside of the downs, then over the bridge (free for bikes)……

northerntom
    Free Member

free parking by Leigh woods entrance, and can head up to Ashton court from there. Also, I would say a loop around Leigh woods (all marked) is probably more fun. Also you can extend with a bit of exploring further on.

I am in Bristol Monday, Thursday, Friday and Weekends, so let me know and can join for a ride.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not sure I’d bother tbh for just one evening, lot of hassle taking a bike with you just for a couple of hours in Ashton Court. I’d prob just waste an hour browsing in Snow&Rock/Cyclesurgery (in Filton) then fester in the hotel room…

Ben_H

Do it!

Even the shortest ride at AC and / or LW will make you feel better and give you a happy memory! I cycle to Filton or Stoke Gifford every working day from the centre and recommend looking-up the Sustrans route (Concorde Way) as it’s a far nicer ride to AC.

andyl
    Free Member

Nip up to the FOD if you are here for a few nights?

egb81
    Free Member

As suggested above, MTB wise it’s Ashton Court/Leigh Woods. Both rideable from Filton. There’s some decent road riding North of Bristol if that’s an option.

flashes
    Free Member

or a road ride to the first Severn Bridge, a ride over and back via a different route……..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spare time around Filton (Bristol) with my MTB’ is closed to new replies.