Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spare battery pack for cateye triple shot help
  • trekaround
    Free Member

I need a new set of batteries for my lights, anyone got any ideas where to find a spare pack for these lights ( don’t necessarily have to be cateye brand ) cheers all 🙂

ross980
    Free Member

I’m 99% certain the batteries inside the battery pack are just standard AA 2700 NiMH cells. You can buy ones with solder tabs on to make connecting them together easier. Are the batts definitely shot? Reason I ask is because mine were left flat for about 8 months and when I charged them the ‘full’ light kept coming on after 5-10 minutes. I left them on charge overnight (i.e. With the green and orange light on) – when I tested them the next day they lasted well over 3 hours. Went to charge them again, showed full after half an hour again… I repeated the full overnight charge /discharge and now they’re back to normal. Mine were probably only used 2-3 per month max during winter though.

simon_g

I’ve dug mine out too, to use as a commuter light. Went through a couple of charge/discharge cycles before they seemed to work right but now OK.

They’re 14500 cells (which I think is AA-sized but they put out a higher voltage), available from dealextreme or similar if you wanted to rebuild the battery pack.

There’s some technical info here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=196672

trekaround
    Free Member

cheers lots guys, the batteries aren’t shot, i just want a spare set for when i forget to charge them up, bound to happen at the wrong time.

ross980
    Free Member

spare battery packs cost about £60 (or so I’ve heard) – which is about the same price as a far superior magicshine imported from dx. Simon – The cells are standard AA voltage (i.e. 1.2v/cell) 10 cells – 12v battery pack.

The best thing you can do with a triple shot is sell it. They go for circa £100 on eBay, which is totally insane. I sold mine for more than I paid for it 2-3 years ago and got a 900 lumen spokebloke light for £88… On low it’s noticeably brighter than the triple shot but with a 9 hour run time (full power gives 3hrs but is probably a bit too bright for commuting)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spare battery pack for cateye triple shot help’ is closed to new replies.