Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spank Vibrocore bars opinions ?
  • oldfart

I’m still running 25.4 bars on my Raijin, finding occasional tingly hands . Will changing to 31.6 help ? What about Vibrocore any opinions ? Or other bar suggestion not interested in carbon btw . Grips are my favs ODI X Trainers so it’s not that . Superstar seem to be having some stonking deals ATM looks like I could get bar and stem for less than the Vibrocores . Always been a Thomson fan but I’m guessing a stems a stem right ?

scaredypants

it’s all in the manufacture/design; if everything else was the same, 31.6 (31.8?) would be stiffer

deviant
    Free Member

I used to get tingly hands riding motorbikes, it then unfortunately progressed to mountain bikes too….bars I’ve used that have been fine and not given me numb hands: Renthal Lite’s 740mm , Answer Pro Taper 780mm, Sunline V 745mm,

Bars that have given me numb hands: Kore Torsion 760mm, Ragley Wiser 760mm, Funn Fatboy 787mm,

Never tried carbon but tempted by the soft/chewy compound that On One’s bars come in.

devash
    Free Member

For me, grip choice is more important than bar stiffness / damping.

Whatever the bar, if I ride with thin grips I get pain in the hand / ulnar nerve. With thick grips such as ODI Rogues or my current personal favourite Oury lock ons I get no pain whatsoever.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Grips are important but I’ve also found the bars help. I love the Spank 777s without vibrocore, I’d buy some vibros if I could afford them at the moment!

nach
    Free Member

I’m on 800mm vibrocore bars and some well padded Odi grips. I wouldn’t be able to say yes, the vibrocore definitely makes a difference unless I took them back to a week of the alpine braking bumps that screwed up my hands a bit with cheapo ali bars last year, but the combination is noticeably plush and I’ve not felt any numbness, buzz or other effects in my hands in the months since fitting them. Placebo effect entirely possible.

I met Mike a few months back and asked him if it was just builders expanding foam. Short answer: No, they spent a lot of months experimenting with different foam types, and found the right foam in combination with internal caps not only attenuates vibration, but increases the fatigue life of the bars.

(Edit: If you do go for vibrocore bars, the 800s are made of a more complaint alloys than the 760s).

robdob
    Free Member

A friend of mine had bought some and has been raving about them, considering them myself.

woodster

Why not carbon? My chewy On One Knuckleballs have been brilliant and I’ve used them for everything including alpine black DH trails.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’v been keen on these for some time as I get pain in my hands on most rides. I’ve been working my way through various bar/grip combos but keep coming back to thinking I should give these a go!

poah
    Free Member

got the spank spike vibrocore 800mm bars with ergon GE1 slim grips.

oldfart

The cheapskate in me is thinking £15 for SRAM foam grips job done ! 🙂

alexh
    Free Member

Spank oozy vibrocore here.

I noticed the difference on full runs at bike park Wales. I didn’t have to UN claw my hands off my bars on runs 6to 11

jruk
    Free Member

I used to get tingly hands then swapped to Odi Ruffians (thinner works for me despite having big hands) and On One El Guapo 760mm bars for less sweep. No tingly hands now.

100mphplus
    Free Member

We’ve been using the spike vibrocores on our DH bikes this season and not one of the 3 of us has had any problems whatsoever wrt arm pump or arm DOMS all year. One of the lads used to get arm pump, but none this season!

Not 100% scientific I know, but the reverse logic must mean something?

gazc
    Free Member

i’ve got the 800mm spike dh vibrocores on my DH bike with ESI chunky’s. suffer from ganglions in my small finger joints on both hands and ESI chunky’s on my previous sunline bars still gave me issues. only had a few outings on them so far but not had any arm pump or ganglion issues using them. going to get some for my trail bike when i can afford them 🙂

captmorgan
    Free Member

has anyone tried just filling existing bars with expanding foam? could be a cheap equivalent no?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spank Vibrocore bars opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.