Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Spanish school kids act out play killing English people
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Were you aware of the old tale in folklore that says that Pontious Pilate may have been born in Fortingall in Glen Lyon in the Highlands?

No I wasn’t. But I’m aware that the Roman Empire went into steep decline after the Romans very unwisely went north of the border and mixed with the local riff-raff.

You will note that that everything was fine until they crossed the border :

Northwind

Seems to me that it was the legalisation of christianity wot dunnit. Should have kept oppressing them.

yunki
    Free Member

Good quality photographs they took back then

enfht
    Free Member

This post is too painful for Ernesto, he cant post his actual opinion on Gibraltar for fear of outing himself as anti British, but like a fly to shit he hovers with beady eyes and can’t stay away either. Someone posts detail on real effects the Spanish government are having on the local population and Ernie attempts to trash the thread. Go Ernie fight the fight!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

🙄

mogrim

The issue with the fishing boats and rights to who owns the water is also variable, depending on which side of the fence you listen too. Either way there have not been any problems until the new governments came to power. The current Spanish government do not recognise the rights of the people of Gibraltar, which is why the tri lateral talks have been stopped. The Gibraltar Government dropped the the blocks in the sea to try and protect the environment there, the methods being used by the fishermen dredged the sea bed. It should also be pointed out that the Spanish government have dropped similar block right along the coast for the same reasons. Whether The Gib government did it to also to annoy the Spanish government is debatable. We are not talking about more than a handful of fishing boats affected. The main reason for the spat would appear to be the Spanish Government trying to get the Gibraltar issue in the news rather than their own corrupt accounts. There have been lots of problems with how the party have been dealing with there finances.

Seems a fair summary of the situation as I see it from here in Madrid. Most of the people I work with are 100% of the opinion that Gibraltar should be Spanish, yet at the same time recognise the current situation is a cynical attempt by the current government to divert attention from their own scandals.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Spanish school kids act out play killing English people’ is closed to new replies.