Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Spanish school kids act out play killing English people
  • yunki
    Free Member

War with Spain hey?
    Well that’s a surprise twist..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought the title of this thread was wonderfully over-dramatic, and then I saw this headline :

Spanish School Children Stage Sick Gibraltar Massacre

“In their continuing quest to start a war with Britain, here is what the Spanish are teaching their children in schools. A group of children are forced stage a mock invasion of Gibraltar, ending with the kids pretending to shoot dead British residents”

🙂

roper
    Free Member

Teanagers making a political statement! Get a grip and put the daily mail down FFS

Demonstrating your ignorance of a subject and trying to throw cheap shots proves nothing. Maybe you should try learning about the situation first.

athgray
    Free Member

As far as school plays go it’s pretty poor. The acting is crap. Everyone seems jovial during an atrocity. The vehicle being driven in looks like a model of Gibralter Rock. Not very often you see Britain/England portrayed as a victim on film. Certainly not a Mel Gibson production. 🙂

MSP

Demonstrating your ignorance of a subject and trying to throw cheap shots proves nothing. Maybe you should try learning about the situation first.

Maybe you need to calm down and stop pretending children are warmongering politicians. I find it far more worrying that an adult should use the games of children as an excuse to further hatred.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

I thought the title of this thread was wonderfully over-dramatic, and then I saw this headline :

Spanish School Children Stage Sick Gibraltar Massacre

Can’t tell if it’s satire or not.

roper
    Free Member

The sad thing is I’m not pretending. What I have posted is how the situation is here for many people. Unfortunately you also feel the need to post with very little information about any of it. You should try and learn instead, you might find it interesting.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hijack Roper can we have a spider thread please.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Roper , whilst I enjoyed your wonderful analysis of their policy could I have your view of our continued colonisation with the same even handed tone ?

Unfortunately the actions taken are rather frightening as they cause more hostility on both sides which is very easy to increase to bigotry and racism, which is happening in some areas.

I thought the recent spat started when we dropped stuff in the sea disrupting Spanish trawler men and then they responded. Would you like to criticise the trigger or simply the response ?

Demonstrating your ignorance of a subject

Indeed its the internet and I one for one want more colourful OTT distorted polemic hyperbole about “them” whilst appealing for calm – GO YOU.

roper
    Free Member

Pigface, I’m hoping to post some more info and photos this week. 🙂

athgray
    Free Member

I wonder if similar school plays are taking place in Morocco, with Spanish being massacred?

roper
    Free Member

Junkyard, You can find most of the History of Gibraltar and how the people voted online so I wont go into that now.
    The issue with the fishing boats and rights to who owns the water is also variable, depending on which side of the fence you listen too. Either way there have not been any problems until the new governments came to power. The current Spanish government do not recognise the rights of the people of Gibraltar, which is why the tri lateral talks have been stopped. The Gibraltar Government dropped the the blocks in the sea to try and protect the environment there, the methods being used by the fishermen dredged the sea bed. It should also be pointed out that the Spanish government have dropped similar block right along the coast for the same reasons. Whether The Gib government did it to also to annoy the Spanish government is debatable. We are not talking about more than a handful of fishing boats affected. The main reason for the spat would appear to be the Spanish Government trying to get the Gibraltar issue in the news rather than their own corrupt accounts. There have been lots of problems with how the party have been dealing with there finances.
    The sad issues about the whole thing is, the boarder crossing problems, aggression from the Guardia, reporting from some local papers are affecting local people, both sides of the border. People are losing their jobs, which is not good locally in Spain, and hostility is building, attacks on cars and property and general racism and bigotry in conversation is increasing. Videos like the one posted does not help, whether is is meant as a joke or not.
    Considering the local history of Gibraltar and its neighboring areas of Spain its not that surprising that people here are rather sensitive to right wing behavior.

With regards to Morocco and Spain. Spain held those areas before Morocco was formed, so technically they belong to Spain. Anyway Franco killed enough Spanish there and already had a Spanish massacre.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You can find most of the History of Gibraltar and how the people voted online so I wont go into that now.

I think the history of it slightly predates the 2002 non UK sanctioned vote. I think i understand why you wont go in to it right now though.

Spain held those areas before Morocco was formed, so technically they belong to Spain

An interesting take and the Italians via the Roman empire [ Gibraltar is now theirs] must be particularly excited about this.

Northwind

Still, it settles the scottish independance debate, we’ll be handing the keys back to the italians.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I didn’t think the Romans were interested in Scotland. Didn’t they build a wall to keep the riff-raff out of their empire ?

Northwind

Nah, they (more or less) conquered most of the mainland. Then Alexius Salmondicus built Hadrian’s Wall to keep out the english romans.

athgray
    Free Member

They actually built two ernie. Antonine thought the Lowlanders were a cut above the riff raff,though I reckon the climate was not to their liking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

double skin walls are best for stoping the cold though
    Northwind an equally interesting take on history 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is that Alexius Salmondicus commander of the Armies of the North, and who will have his vengeance, in this life or the next ?

Northwind

Nah, that must have been some other dude. Common roman name.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I thought the wall(s) were fortified on both sides to stop the natives from killing each other..

“Righto chaps, we are the Roman Army and we’re in charge now”

“piss of you effete Italian puff, we’re busy”

athgray
    Free Member

🙂 Can’t believe we had thread creep towards this again. Funny though.

stanfree
    Free Member

There are some really sensitive souls on this forum , First someone getting upset about Rachel Atherton being labeled as hot then this.

Hardly worth getting upset over Is It. ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well wouldn’t you be upset if you had missed out on all the plumbing, roads, etc, that the rest of Britain got ?

athgray
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso[/video]

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

Well wouldn’t you be upset if you had missed out on all the plumbing, roads, etc, that the rest of Britain got ?

Scotland has more recent plumbing, roads etc than the Romans built.

We’re not Wales you know.

Pigface
    Free Member

Racist

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Scotland has more recent plumbing, roads etc than the Romans built.

Your fashion sense hasn’t improved much though. You’re still wearing what the Romans were wearing.

RustySpanner

Fine looking bunch of lasses, that.

Northwind

Pigface – Member

Racist

Overruled, Welsh isn’t a race. OTOH I admit it is wrong of me to mock someone for a disability.

athgray
    Free Member

Should be halfway up the knee. The peely wally guy in the middle lets the side down massively.

Pigface
    Free Member

Care to explain why?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought that too athgray.

I think it might be an early example of the “Mary Quant Look”. He probably also had his hair cut in an “easy to manage” bob.

RustySpanner

athgray – Member

Should be halfway up the knee. The peely wally guy in the middle lets the side down massively.

I think he’s the camp guard.

athgray
    Free Member

Pigface, they are portraying soldiers of probably the best organised and trained military of all time. I would have though that attention to detail and standardisation of uniform would be quite important. Everyone else seems to be with the program, he looks sloppy. I am not well versed in Roman uniform, but in Scotland there is an etiquette, and general rule of thumb to how we wear our skirts. We are not barbarians you know.
    So what about Gibralter then eh?………

billyboy
    Free Member

send Sir Francis Drake round………………

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would have though that attention to detail and standardisation of uniform would be quite important.

I know that’s how Hollywood likes to portray it but I can’t help thinking that it’s unlikely. Their uniforms weren’t produced in a factory they would have been handmade by individual craftsmen/women. I bet there was enormous amount of nonuniformity, and for example, huge discrepancy in shades of reds. And I suspect that new kit was only supplied or old repaired, when required, and that old, different, and new kit, would all be used at the same time. I can imagine that they might perhaps have made more effort in Rome, but I struggle to believe that the wrong button would have been much of an issue in the more god-forsaken corners of their empire.

athgray
    Free Member

Interesting take ernie. Do you think though, that such anomolies would stretch to acceptability of a mid thigh tunic, especially in some of the more wind swept regions of the empire?

athgray
    Free Member

As an aside. Were you aware of the old tale in folklore that says that Pontious Pilate may have been born in Fortingall in Glen Lyon in the Highlands? As I am a supporter of the UK I don’t mind if you call the person that signed the death warrant of the son of God British. Pretty cool claim to fame, however I admit a bit short on factual evidence.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A legionary from the Claudian invasion of Britain showing a bit of thigh :

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Spanish school kids act out play killing English people’ is closed to new replies.