Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Spanish school kids act out play killing English people
  • grantway
    Free Member

When I was sent this I thought no can’t be right

Spanish school kids acting out war on english

But then I found the you tube video
    just can’t believe that a school actually came up with the idea, let alone allow the kids
    to actually act it out in an assassination way.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsrFk4huv7k[/video]

Drac

And?

RustySpanner

Drac – Moderator

And?

Well, it’s a bit nasty, isn’t it?

I don’t remember us participating in any plays where we pretended to shoot Argentinians whilst I was in school during the Falklands War.

As a one man protest, I’m off to throw tomatoes at our local tapas place.
    Might throw a donkey off the roof too if I can find one.

MSP

Oh my god, it’s a disgrace and an outrage, the sooner that nice Farage chap is in charge to stop this nonsense the better!

Major Bristling with indignation (retired)
    Tunbridge Wells

Drac

Not nasty at all a bunch of kids pretending to invade Gibraltar to take it back.

I remember playing armies as kids and topically we played Brits Vs Argies.

bigG
    Free Member

Did you never play cowboys and Indians, war games etc as a kid?

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve hated the Argies ever since! See any newspaper pre England v Argentina football match for instance.
    And it’s good to the hate the English, most folk do it naturally anyway.

maccruiskeen

just can’t believe that a school actually came up with the idea,

it appears to be happening in a school – that doesn’t mean a school came up with the idea or the idea of filming it on a phone and sticking it on Youtube. The event looks very informal. It sort of looks like some smart arse teenagers dicking around

That article mentions coverage in the Mail and Telegraph. I’m not going to bother to look at the Mail but the telegraph has done no journalism, just watched the video and taken it and the youtube comments at face value. So they’ve reported it and drawn conclusions without actually bothering to find out when, where or by whom the video was made.

RustySpanner

Er, yes, of course we played war games as a kids.

The teachers didn’t provide uniforms and replica guns though.

wrightyson – Member

We’ve hated the Argies ever since! See any newspaper pre England v Argentina football match for instance.

I thought it was only Sun readers and the terminally stupid who blamed an entire country for the actions of their government? 😀
    Or was that your point? 🙂

maccruiskeen

The teachers didn’t provide uniforms and replica guns though.

Where do you see the involvement of teachers?

RustySpanner

Well, it’s in a school.
    Did they break in to stage the play?

And the adults in the background – parents? Teachers?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I remember playing armies as kids and topically we played Brits Vs Argies.

You sure it wasn’t the Opium Wars?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I don’t think holding up our national football team supporters as an example of national feeling on any topic is a sensible example. They haven’t got a brain cell between them. I agree, I never took part in an organised thing at school where any war or fighting was depicted, we kept it to the playground. Just goes to show how even some of our close neighbours are not actually as civilised and are more backwards than we usually give them credit for. To still be whipping up sentiments of fighting their enemies at school is a bit retarded. Even when we covered WW2 there was an emphasis on not blaming the current generations in Germany rather than pedalling some form of image of Germans being our eternal enemies.

wrecker
    Free Member

The OP got the title wrong. Read the article, it talks about British people and the union flag.
    Your point still stands though I suppose. The scots and welsh aren’t regarded any differently to the English regardless of how they think they are.

It this were reversed, and British kids were pretending to kill argies; most of those on here talking it down would be outraged.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I used to play Japs and Commandos at school……. But then I was a racist little 5 year old

bigrich

that’s the actual army; they had a few budget cutbacks lately.

crankboy
    Free Member

I notice that the Spanish side could not come up with a decent home grown theme tune so used The Clash.

BigJohn

I quite often use Gib airport. As I was handing the car back last time in la Linea i looked , as usual, up at the 2 massive cannons on the rock pointing at mainland Spain and thought, as usual, it might help if we took them down. It’s not very neighbourly, is it?

MSP

It this were reversed, and British kids were pretending to kill argies; most of those on here talking it down would be outraged.

Well done for being outraged at my lack of outrage, and also being outraged on my behalf over an imaginary fictional children’s amateur dramatic production.

zippykona

I’m in menorca and just had a wee in the sea.
    That will learn ’em.

Drac

You sure it wasn’t the Opium Wars?

Zammo reminded us to just say no.

Yup played Japs and English too.

Would be outraged if it was British kids doing a pretend invasion on Spain. No. It’s kids messing around nothing else

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ve seen this episode of Grange Hill before.

Pigface
    Free Member

In Karslkrona nautical museum (highly recommended)there is a game called Sink a Dane, all about firing broadsides into Danish ships.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Remember when we played Sink-A-Willy Piggie? 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Dont make me blush 😳

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This sort of thing should be encouraged, instead of bleeding heart leftie do-gooders with their nanny state, Human Rights Act, Health & Safety gone mad, and political correctness, stopping kids having a bit of innocent fun.

piemonster

Remember when we played Sink-A-Willy Piggie?

WTF is that?

IanMunro
    Free Member

The vid seems fine to me.
    If you stop people stabbing bulls and throwing goats off churches, then they’ve got to find some other creative outlet.

piemonster

I thought it was just Catalonia where they stopped stabbing bulls.

Also I didn’t realise they did it in France.

yunki
    Free Member

twas Cavaliers and Roundheads when I was a hale and hearty young whippersnapper attending at the scholarly institute

gears_suck
    Free Member

We had ’em all in our playground wars. Germans and English. Saxons and Vikings. Cowboys and Indians. So on and so forth. I feel I’ve grown up to be pretty evenly bigoted.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I was always a consciencious conchienchus objector during our war themed play time, I eventually volunteered as a stretcher bearer and was even mentioned in despatches, fantastic days and cider lollies, what have we now………… GTA 5 !!!

piemonster

The outrage continues

Disgusting

nealglover
    Free Member

So bearing in mind the location was not a school, but a bar.

Will you be blaming the Landlord and the Bar Staff now ?

Rather than the fictional Teachers you blamed earlier 🙄

RustySpanner

Ok, so it’s not a school.
    Fair enough. Didn’t know that before, just going off the info provided. Next time I’ll fly over and check, ok Mr Rolly Eyes? 😀

And it’s still nasty.
    Which is what I said in the first place.

roper
    Free Member

One of the problems with the enactment is it is not based on a historical action. There are problems between the border with Gibraltar and Spain now. The Spanish Government and so Guardia are using old fashioned Franconian practices to try to disrupt the residents and workers of Gibraltar of a normal way of life. This includes intimidation and threats of violence, whilst holdings pistols, rifles and shot guns. They have forced delays in traffic, up to seven hours, in August temperatures.
     Unfortunately the actions taken are rather frightening as they cause more hostility on both sides which is very easy to increase to bigotry and racism, which is happening in some areas.
    Videos like the one posted increase these vile views and do not help in resolving the problems which are real and happening on a daily basis.

MSP

enactment?

It was some kids messing about in fancy dress.

roper
    Free Member

It was some kids messing about in fancy dress

No, it was some teenagers making a stupid political statement about a situation which does not need any more stupidity.

MSP

😆 Teanagers making a political statement! Get a grip and put the daily mail down FFS

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Spanish school kids act out play killing English people’ is closed to new replies.