Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SPAM : WTF?!?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

for the past few months I have been receiving random out of office replies to my gmail account, most of them in responding(?) to messages sent offering various male growth enhancements. I never bother opening them and just dump them in the spam/junk folder. Now I’m getting at least five a day, mostly in Japanese. I’m pretty sure that they are not originating from my gmail account as I’ve changed the password several times in the past month and yet still they come. What’s going on, how can I stop this and does anyone know of a reliable Japanese to english translation package? 😀

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

send them a photo to prove you don’t need them

MrNutt
    Free Member

done.

allthepies
    Free Member

I thought you were a google hater, WTF you doing with a gmail acct ?

First Apple, now this. You just can’t trust executive closers 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

and BTW your gmail account almost certainly hasn’t been hacked but instead someone is sending spam mails using your email address as the spoofed sender.

luked2
    Free Member

Your just sleep-surfing.

You’re getting up in the night, and, still asleep, sending lewd emails to strangers.

Nothing to worry about.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m a hypocrite, I’m in the right place aren’t it? 😉

/note to self: one less spoonfull of rohypnol in the horlicks

z1ppy

as per allthepies, nowt you can do if you email addy if being used as the spoof sender, other than ignore them as you have been, or delet your email account and create another.

Cougar

It’s worth running a malware scan just for peace of mind (I swear I’ll get bored typing that soon) but yes, chances are your email address has made it onto a spammer’s ‘from’ address.

j_me
    Free Member

A lot of genuine addys are harvested from the net and the used to spoof mails. Posting your email addy in forums and profiles is going to increase the chances of getting your addy used by the spammers. Even the old blahATblahDOTcom way of formatting your address isn’t likely to fool many of them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

what they said, sending an e-mail from someone else’s address is as easy as sending a letter and putting someoen elses adress at the top, and in just the same way the only way to tell them appart is the post mark/IP-address.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SPAM : WTF?!?’ is closed to new replies.