Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spain and Ebola
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

http://www.publico.es/actualidad/548515/el-contagio-de-la-enfermera-revela-el-descontrol-total-frente-al-ebola#

I don’t think I will be complaining about the NHS ever again.

😯

Total jackasses. I wasn’t an alarmist having professional experience related to microbiology, but if Spain can’t deal with this properly then I hate to think what will happen if this hits somewhere like Delhi or Manila.

(Hit google translate if you can’t read spanish)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Incredible. Its covered in the UK press too, pretty shambolic and the nurse had to report her fever herself and demand repeatedly to be tested.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yup, I do find it incredible. On the other hand the Nigerians have been doing a great job, maybe they can send advisers to Spain to teach them some basic containment procedures. 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

Chlorine bleach…EVERYTHING.

Garry_Lager

Always start my epidemics in Delhi on plague.inc. Proven strategy.

tinybits
    Free Member

Spain? I feel like Ive got it and I live in somerset! My evening with the kids and a puppy has never been less appealing!

footflaps

On the other hand the Nigerians have been doing a great job

Not sure anyone really knows whats going on in Nigeria, certainly not the government….

sunnrider
    Free Member

Blame needs to be laid at the feet of the Spanish minister for health. She did absolutely nothing to ensure that correct quarantine measures would be enforced.
    A classic example of an elected official not having any idea of what the job entails. Welcome to politics in Spain.

project
    Free Member

The NHS, has a problem with treating MRSA and Cdiff, both infectious and both can kill service users, what chance have we against Ebola when it arrives.

noteeth
    Free Member

All the best to 22 Field Hospital AMS – good on ’em.

@Project – disinfect, disinfect, disinfect… but beyond the principles of sound infection control, there’s really not much to be gained from comparing Ebola with MRSA or C.Diff. Very different beasts.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

All the best to 22 Field Hospital AMS – good on ’em.

+1

M*A*S*H :mrgreen: has always made me want to do a stint with a field hospital, be it in the military or Medicines Sans Frontiers.

One day I’ll get round to doing it.

project
    Free Member

@Project – disinfect, disinfect, disinfect… but beyond the principles of sound infection control, there’s really not much to be gained from comparing Ebola with MRSA or C.Diff. Very different beasts.

my point is all 3 require quarantine and isolation,, most hospitals dont have the facilities oe staff to provide that service, so they close wards, or ban admissions to ill service users/patients.

noteeth
    Free Member

Medicines Sans Frontiers

As somebody in the Grauniad comments points out: “MSF, a small volunteer organisation dependent on donations has managed far better and more professionally than either West Texas Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, Texas or Carlos III Hospital in Madrid.”

Project – ok, but that’s not only true of the NHS (although major UK hospitals do generally have designated isolation capacity). It’s a challenge for any developed healthcare system you care to mention.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spain and Ebola’ is closed to new replies.