Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Spagehetti Westerns whats your favourite ?
  • woodnut
    Free Member

Once upon a time in the west…but I remember the the Trinity films from the “”Alex Cox presents”” thing on C4. Does anyone remember The Big Silence….awesome.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I used to watch all the Trinity movies (all the Bud Spencer /Terence Hill infact) as a kid and loved them.
    Which leads me to My Name is Nobody yet again Moricone made a fantastic theme tune.

chakaping
    Free Member

You know it…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZDKuDl3jc[/video]

Mikkel
    Free Member

Such a great tune, i think its impossible not to be in a good mood when listening to that.

chakaping
    Free Member

I left YouTube playing after and this has just come on…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rHdSWZLpQ[/video]

Giving me Goosebumps!

Mikkel
    Free Member

Dad got The good the bad and ugly soundtrack on Vinyl, surprised i did not break it by the ammount of times i used to play the Ecstasy of gold 🙂

Drac

I have it on iTunes.

When my Dad was severely ill a few years ago that tune would pop on randomn each time I left hospital with him still fighting and hanging on. If plucks my heart every time I hear it now.

mefty
    Free Member

I went to an Ennio Morricone concert a few years ago and frankly it was brilliant, probably the best concert I have ever been to – the contrast between his different works is astounding – some wonderful light stuff from some of his Italian movies, the drama of the spaghetti westerns and then, in my view, his masterpiece, the Mission.

DaRC_L

Fistful of Dollars every time

Northwind

Chakaping’s video left me expecting Metallica.

Morricone’s an absolute genius though. Anyone seen Seven Pounds? That cracked piano line underneath everything, til you stop hearing it and it’s just hooked into your subconscious…

mudshark
    Free Member

Once Upon a Time in the West – Sergio got a free hand to do what he wanted. The intro is the best ever.

badnewz
    Free Member

The Good, the bad and the ugly. Not only the best western but the best movie ever made, not least because of Tuco.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Fistful of Dollars every time

Not sure when I first saw this on telly but I was probably about 13/14 and it was like OMFG….that is the BEST film Ive ever seen. And Clint was simply awesome in the role.

However, TGTBATU was the icing on the cake with such amazing music, direction and characters. As above, Tuco was amazing, as was Angel Eyes from the very first scene. Pure theatre! 😀

Loving that you tube music too….wonderful!!

grizedaleforest

I went to an Ennio Morricone concert a few years ago and frankly it was brilliant, probably the best concert I have ever been to –

I took my wife to Verona last September to see Morricone (big birthday). He’s very frail now, but it was an awesome experience and as you say the range of his music is extraordinary. The Italians adore him 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Funnily enough he is at the 02 next week and there are still a few of the higher priced tickets available, not Verona admittedly.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Funnily enough he is at the 02 next week….

I just bought a pair! 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, went to see him at the 02 last night and my cheap tickets in the Gods were upgraded to seats worth twice the price….great start!

He played a lot of stuff I didn’t know like From ‘The Red Tent’ which I enjoyed, he didn’t dwell on the spaghetti era but did play ecstasy of gold twice which was fantastic! Overall a special evening. The choir and lead soloist were incredible!

sadexpunk

Anyone interested in seing Once upon a time, at cinemy in Lincoln?
    Trying to find enough people to make it worth getting a private screening.

im a ‘maybe’ if you wanted to fire me a few more details? date/price etc.

cheers

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Working through a list of 100 best movies ever I let the kids (10 and 13) watch TDTBABTU. A three hour silence descended on Cursing Towers. Even offspring #2 who has the attention span of a goldfish loved it. There was also no swearing etc. Had forgotten how good it was and the final scene generated enough tension to leave me without fingernails.

jabbi
    Free Member

Thankyou chakaping! I’ve been trying to remember what that film was called for ages!
    ‘My name is Nobody’ one of the funniest films I’ve ever seen, now I know what it’s called it will be added to the collection.

sadexpunk

some good calls here that i havent seen too. mrs expunk will be thrilled to bits… 😀

MrAgreeable

The last couple I watched were A Fistful of Dynamite (which seems to be more commonly known as Duck, You Sucker – surely a contender for the worst film title ever) and A Bullet For The General, which both try and inject a bit of revolutionary politics into a generally nihilistic sub-genre. I loved them both.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The good the bad and the ugly.

My name is nobody.

Sorry the lack of caps lock. Lazyitus

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Morricone…

…my dad had a very, very expensive Harris amp and ERA turntable hooked up to static box speakers back in the 70s. Upon setting it all up, the first record he tested it with was a compilation of Morricone Western soundtracks. Even when I was an ankle biter, it was awesome.

A spaghetti western isn’t a spaghetti western without Morricone IMHO…

uponthedowns
    Free Member
    deadkenny
    Free Member

Bumped by another thread 😀

Once Upon a Time in the West. Leone’s best. Morricone’s best. Clint turned it down which is a good thing as he would have upstaged the epicness of the film.

[video]https://youtu.be/40rmHENoGsk[/video]

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Spagehetti Westerns whats your favourite ?’ is closed to new replies.