Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • spacers on pg990?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

upon trying to find a creaking noise from the rear end somewhere, im wondering if im missing something on the pg990 cassette? should the be a spacer behind the cassette or in front of the cassette? as i have nothing other than the carrier and the seperate rings?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone?

debaser

yeah, you do need a spacer between the carrier and the loose rings.

There should be a red anodised one that matches the spider that comes with the cassette.

Not sure if a standard spacer would do the trick. I might have a 990 one lurking in the shed if you can’t find an alternative.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers debaser – thats very interesting indeed, i wonder why mine didnt come with one? is yours a recent one? mine was only about 3months old, just wondering if the newer models didnt need one?

debaser

Ah, it looks like the 11-32 needs a spacer but the 11-34 version doesn’t.

SRAM parts list

anjs
    Free Member

If its like the XT one then the bigger (34) one has an extra cog on the spider. As to creaking have you checked the rear QR is done up tightly with a little gresse on the drop out

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah ive done that, ive got a hope QR on at the mo though – i did have a xt one somewhere, ill have to dig that out and see if its any better…..i have got the hope one stupidly tight, so i cant really see how the xt will be much better?

its a 34 one so that makes sense its not got any spacers

anjs
    Free Member

The XT has an internal cam. I take it you have checked all the old options, seat rails, post, chainset bolts , bb, pivot berars and shocks etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘spacers on pg990?’ is closed to new replies.