Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SP Dynamo hub disc brake issue…
  • podman
    Free Member

Has anybody had problems with spokes fouling the caliper when using an SP hub and a Hope Mono Mini?

I’m not sure my forks are helping (Chinese carbon)- they mount the adaptor a little too closely to the hub, but at maximum adjustment the caliper is just about centre. I’ve just moved up from a 160mm to a 183mm rotor, but they’re still just catching- I could try to bend the spokes out of the way a little, but not exactly convinced that’s the right solution! Would rather not change brakes, but looks like the extra clearance with a Shimano caliper would fix the issue…

Aidan
    Free Member

I noticed that caliper had to be moved pretty much as far over as it will go when used on a Singular Swift rigid fork and XT brake.

It does work, though, so maybe Shimano brakes will be the way forward for you.

podman
    Free Member

Thanks Aidan, I’ve just tried the other calipers I have access to: Hope X2 and M4, and Shimano M456 and M765. All of the Hope calipers rub with a 160mm rotor, the X2 and M4 just clear the spokes with a 183mm rotor/ mount. Both Shimano calipers are fine with a 160mm rotor.

Slightly annoying, the dark evenings are going to be a distant memory by the time I’ve got this ready!

The hub is laced to a 26″ XC717 btw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SP Dynamo hub disc brake issue…’ is closed to new replies.