Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • So….who’s working from home today?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Living in Milton Keynes and working in Birmingham I think I’ll work from home as I don’t fancy getting stuck anywhere today.

The joys of laptops and VPN’s :o)

djglover
    Free Member

5 years ago and it would have been a free day off.

steelfan
    Free Member

I’m staying at home. To much of a risk for me to go to work and do my job. I live in SW London and havent seen snow like this since I was a kid!
    Going out later to take some nice pics.

Drac

Just in from work back tonight, me missing work for snow would be **** joke.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

me! lunchtime ride up to Stanage on the cards!

Stoner
    Free Member

was always going to be working from home today, but am supposed to bve going up to London tomorrow morning. Probably wont:

Due to severe weather conditions in the Thames Valley area we are unable to operate a full service between Reading and London Paddington and Reading and Gatwick Airport . Customers are advised not to travel.

thegreatape
    Free Member

2 days off
    not a sniff of snow

uplink
    Free Member

I pretty much always work from home so a normal day for me

Went for a 6ml run this morning in 2″ of virgin snow – amazing the amount of grip you get + it’s very easy on the joints

samuri
    Free Member

I’m at home today but not because of the snow, poorly child and wife to tender to.

snowslave

Manchester to Halifax – I don’t think so! But I work from home a lot anyway so no big deal…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m in the office, but keeping a careful eye on the train situation. I have a night ride tonight & I can’t risk missing that!

nickname
    Free Member

Me! I was off ill Thursday / Friday too, I feel like a right freeloader 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m an idiot! I live in Surrey and have about 10″ I think. Was supposed to be driving up to Harrogate but assumed I would be going today so told my colleague last night. My wife said she had to go in and would either take the bus or train but really needs a lift for the train. I asked her this morning if she’d checked if they were running and she said all OK then I saw a car drive past my house so thought cars were getting on OK on the roads. Got the car out of the drive and drove OK to start with but I’m on a bit of a hill so gravity helped. Soon realised that the roads were undriveable for ordinary cars and I was stuck so abandoned the car in a side road – hopefully it won’t get hit! My wife rang her boss who said fine to work at home. I’m not happy….

donsimon
    Free Member

Woke up and found it was snowing again, 4-5 inches yesterday and more overnight!!

Took the dog for a walk and heard the snowplough in the valley below. That meant the main (A type) road was being cleared.

Threw the chains on the car and off I went, 80km journey and arrived at work 10 mins late. So no, not working at home!!!

What’s the problem with snow?

Madrid BTW.

pnik

after doing the M25 last night when I got back to brighton, emailed work to tell them I was wfh today. still no reply! oh well

miketually
    Free Member

I’m at work, but it looks like there won’t be anyone here to teach.

toby1

I’m not a big jessy so I’m on the office, well that and it’s only a 7 minute walk ;P

uplink
    Free Member

Mine’s there Mike
    Make sure she stays there all day will ya? – I can’t be doing with Scuzz at volume 11 whilst I’m trying to work

miketually
    Free Member

Mine’s there Mike
    Make sure she stays there all day will ya? – I can’t be doing with Scuzz at volume 11 whilst I’m trying to work

As far as I know, we’re open all day. Not that that seems to be pulling in the students…

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I’m wfh today, but it was decided on Friday that whole team would be (obviously nothing to do with the fact we have auditors coming in)

london_lady
    Free Member

Yup – went out for the 7.30am train this morning – returned home about 10mins later after my boss phoned me and said not to bother trying to get to work, watched an audi slide down the road, thinking about canceling my trip to Aberdeen tomorrow.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I’m wfh today. Will probably go for a night ride tonight too.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Meant to be going to Munich this afteroon but all flights from Edinburgh to Heathrow today already cancelled, so thats bu**ered then

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘So….who’s working from home today?’ is closed to new replies.