Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So…Who Has Winter Vomiting Bug?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just curious, as according to the papers I look at, but never buy, we are currently up to our ankles in vomit and poo.

So in the name of completely non-scientific polling, who here actually has/had it this month?

Please wash your hands after you’ve finished reading.

yunki
    Free Member

only those that have been naughty in the eyes of our lord on this final day of judgement..

jam-bo

No, that was last month.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I never catch any if these so called ‘bugs that are going round’
    None if them. Ever.
    🙂

jam-bo

PeterPoddy – Member
    I never catch any if these so called ‘bugs that are going round’
    None if them. Ever.

No children then? Germ magnets.

Jamie
    Free Member

None if them. Ever.

Oooh! That’s a risky game you’re playing.

Hadge
    Free Member

Yip all had it here and yes I’ve got kids. Had to miss two Christmas parties so far, one planned for tonight but still feel off so maybe best staying away so I don’t infect anyone and spoil their holiday. Not good 🙁

Kuco

Yep, third day of it 🙁

And I haven’t got children.

GrahamS

Tick! Had it earlier this month.

No children then? Germ magnets.

Pretty sure I caught it after my 2 year old vomited on my face.

cloudnine
    Free Member

It is very, very contagious. Try to be aware of not touching your face, rubbing your nose or eyes etc and wash your hands often.. even if you havent had it. Hundreds of thousands of lives are lost world wide every year due to not washing hands.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Oh, I had it last month. Started feeling ill on the way into work, but came in anyway. Spent half an hour redecorating the loos at work, before making my way home and destroying every bog between Hammersmith and Lewes. The toilet on on the train looked like Passchendaele.

Jamie
    Free Member

Spent half an hour redecorating the loos at work, before making my way home and destroying every bog between Hammersmith and Lewes. The toilet on on the train looked like Passchendaele.

Never has a username been more apposite.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Yeah, wasn’t great. Happily the design whiz who created the loos on Southern Trains put the sink right by the bog, which allowed me to express my self in stereo.

Scamper
    Free Member

The Wife had it, and our child minder’s daughter. Thankfully my quarantine procedures have worked for me and the nipper but instead i’ve had two colds on the trot, the latest seems to be developing into a nice ear and throat infection.

footflaps

Hundreds of thousands of lives are lost world wide every year due to not washing hands.

But generally not in the Western world….

antigee

No and its fantastic -youngest (10) has medical condition which means if sick and can’t keep meds down then its hospital for intravenous plus fluids and no sleep for 3-4 days for dad – keeping fingers crossed – last year week before xmas due to pantomine cast (including my little un’s)had it big time, year before school was full of it – kids are amazing though – bit sad checks date on every bottle of milk and tin – at school did uv light checks on hand washing and she won out big time

cinnamon_girl

I don’t but have had severe headaches on and off all this week as well as swollen glands. Pills aren’t killing ’em, lying in bed makes me dizzy and vision goes fuzzy on here.

Can you recommend any daytime TV for me now please? Or just shoot me? Or deliver to the vet?

beckykirk43
    Free Member

So far I have avoided it!

Got shouted at by GP receptionist yesterday though for not using the alcohol hand gel the second I walked through the door. They’ve confiscated the kid’s toys, and the magazines too!

Shred
    Free Member

Yep, had it, but luckily managed to not give it to anyone else in the family by locking myself in the toilet till the worse had passed and using massive amounts of detol sprays.

Then I got a cold from the kid, plus another one a week later from work, which became sinusitis.

Not happy here.

glupton1976
    Free Member

You see when you hear of winter vomiting bug or the D&Vs – you think it’s going to be a simple case of vomiting and passing urine out of your backside. What you dont realise is the sheer force with which they are going to happen and that they happen at exactly the same moment in time. It’s an eye opener I tell you.

Not had it this year – yet.

Kuco

Whats really annoyed me having it is i’ve lost 3 days overtime because of it.

And to be able to fart again with out the thought of me kegs filling up with bum gravy 👿

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Me and the wife are nurses so getting noro or c diff are, unfortunately, an occupational hazzard.

Reckon its gonna get really bad this year in hospitals as a tightening of sickness policy that can lead to dismissal, means that nurses I know are already on their second/third bout in the past 12 months, but dont want to have time off as this will initiate proceedings against them.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is there not an NHS policy which says you’re not allowed to go back to work until 48hrs after your last “episode”? There is certainly that policy for physios.

GrahamS

Reckon its gonna get really bad this year in hospitals as a tightening of sickness policy that can lead to dismissal, means that nurses I know are already on their second/third bout in the past 12 months, but dont want to have time off as this will initiate proceedings against them.

Hmmm.. very much the opposite for my missus (a doctor). As glupton says, she is told not to come in of she has D Diff or norovirus as it puts vulnerable patients at risk.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have a 2 year old son and this year has been my worst ever for illness. Last month I was ill for 5 days barely eating anything but didn’t vomit, doc said lots of people in the village had the vomiting thing and maybe I had the same but not as bad.

Shred
    Free Member

The plus side is that it is a good way to kick start a weight loss program!

But, why oh why does it have to be so violent. You want me to be sick, not problem. Just not feel like my spleen is trying to get out of both ends.

househusband
    Free Member

Not had the vomiting bug yet; the novelty of whooping cough still hasn’t worn off after three weeks…

jam-bo

I find the waiting game worse as the other members of the household come down with it one by one.

shadowrider
    Free Member

I had it about a month ago, lasted about a week. First time I’ve been I’ll for a couple of years, I lost about 9lb though and have managed to keep the weight off, so every cloud has a silver lining.

trevron73
    Free Member

Man dowm. Man down.Ive contracted “Mayan End of the world vomiting bug” its not pretty i had an episode in the bath ,mrs trevron wasn’t happy about that (it wasn’t great for me either love )

Drac

It’s been doing the round for week, 23 years in the NHS means I get very few bugs these days.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Glupton and Graham:

Am well aware of the policy but am also aware of a colleague who had C Diff last January, a car accident whilst at work in the summer, second period of sick due to hand pain (undiagnosed Scaphoid) due to the car crash, that was missed first time around, and has had unspecified D and V last month.

Now had their informal warning and another episode of sickness in the next 12 months will result in their first formal warning prior to dismissal.

Not sure they would come clean if the situation arose.

project
    Free Member

Its people who dont wash their hands,visiting somebody in hospital a few years ago, and hand sanitizer gel was everywhere, some muppets decided to either steal it or not bother use it, resulting in ill patients being even more ill.

Just imagine youve got a broken leg, how do you go the toilet quickly.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Now had their informal warning and another episode of sickness in the next 12 months will result in their first formal warning prior to dismissal.

Well i’m pretty certain that whatever stunt that trust sre trying to pull wouldnt stand up to any challenge on the basis of a claim for unfair dismissal. Folk get sick, folk in hospital get sick too, maybe more due to what they’re exposed to as part of their job.

I’d say there was more chance of getting sacked for going for doing something that there is a specific policy against. i.e. going in to work when you have the D & Vs.

Kuco

YES I can safely fart again 😀 Though my guts are making a lot of strange noises 😐

mcmoonter
    Free Member

On Cycle Oregon in 2009 the Norovirus hit. 2500 riders in tents riding 500 miles in a week point to point. More than 1/3 were struck with it. Portaloos were under seige day and night. Riders had to be bussed from point to point, many gave up and went home. I luckily missed it.

Jamie
    Free Member

YES I can safely fart again Though my guts are making a lot of strange noises

Hurrah!

On Cycle Oregon in 2009 the Norovirus hit. 2500 riders in tents riding 500 miles in a week point to point. More than 1/3 were struck with it. Portaloos were under seige day and night. Riders had to be bussed from point to point, many gave up and went home. I luckily missed it.

Sounds like the Mayans should have noted that as the end of days.

grantway
    Free Member

Probably everyone that gets full sick pay

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Not had the vomiting bug but had food poising three whole days of endless diarrhea, a week before I could break wind with confidence and two more before I had regular consistency. Recommend avoiding that…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So…Who Has Winter Vomiting Bug?’ is closed to new replies.