Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SouthernXC Entries are open
  • Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

One for those of you who fancy a bit of racing. The SouthernXC entries for are open at http://www.eventrexuk.co.uk, before you enter have a quick flick through the schedule and info pages as there have been a few changes this year.

There are 5 rounds across the South with a category for everyone, including the revised Open category which will allow you to ride as many laps as you can up to a maximum of 4 for men and 3 for women within an allotted time, as long as you complete one lap you’re in the race!

weeksy

Adam,

MY lad will be racing in this (he’s 8), do i assume register as me or him ? It says your registration is related to your results etc, but as he’s only 8 he doesn’t have a CC etc 🙂

Edit… Registered it in his name as it’s his entry…

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Hi Weeksy, put his details down in the rider information, with your email address (assuming he doesn’t have one) and your details in emergency contact details. The cc bit is handled by PayPal so it doesn’t matter who’s cc you use, you don’t need a PayPal account if you don’t have one – just follow the directions on the site.

I hope that helps

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Got it, thanks and look forward to seeing you at registration

weeksy

Thanks buddy. I’m still in debate as to whether i’ll be racing, but i’d expect to see him for the full series.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Go on, go for it!!

weeksy

Makes things a little more complex as it means Mrs Weeksy needs to attend then also, we can’t just leave the boy sitting round while i’m out racing, so someone needs to look after him. Middle of summer it may be viable if he hooks up with a few kids he knows over time, but first race etc, not sure that’s a great idea.

The other problem is that it means i’m facing midfield mediocrity at best. What’s the course like? We’ve done Rampage, Gorrick etc.. I assume your Checkendon is the same course as Rampage ? How does the kids course compare to that at Wasing ? Arguably we’d prefer more technical for him now that just outright speed…. But we’ll see how he goes 🙂

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

The courses that we use at Checkendon are very similar the the Rampage Races and the kids course at other rounds, including Wasing are always laid out with as little climbing as possible and we try to make them fairly short with single track so it’s not a case of the bigger kids just riding away. The shorter course for all U12’s is done to encourage them to ride the course as many times as possible so that they get the practise the more technical stuff and realise that mountain bike isn’t just about pedalling.

There is usually a great group of childeren playing around the arena while their Dads race but like you say it’s probably a good idea to have your wife their for the first one so that your lad can make some friends and get to find out who the other parents are who tend to watch over them.

For the Adults the course at Wasing is a little more technical than Checkendon and unsurprisingly more hilly but it still has some good woodland singletrack and all of the technical features have Alternative lines so you have a choice to ride them or not. Also if it interests you it will be almost exactly the same course as used for the 2nd round of the National Points Series round 2

weeksy

Thanks for the info mate 🙂

weeksy

Adam.
    Tried to enter Wasing in men’s Sport, but I think the starting age is incorrect as only 1978, no earlier?
    I assume sport is the easiest level. Which is where I need to enter really.

Cheers

Edit: it let me enter ec3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SouthernXC Entries are open’ is closed to new replies.