Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Southern XC round 2- Crow Hill
  • alwillis

Anyone else heading down this weekend?? I will be mostly battling with the masses in the open race telling myself that I should have trained harder with revision and finals. By race day morning I won’t be a student anymore either 😀

Also it’s a shame the ladies race is so early- it means we would have to be there for the whole day if me and the Mrs both wanted to do sport.

njee20
    Free Member

Not this one, but I am commentating at the last 3, so get those excuses in early!

OwenP

Yeah, i’m making the trip down with a mate, both of us in open male.

Not ridden at Crow Hill before (or much in the New Forest); should be good fun anyway!

dobo
    Free Member

did crow hill once, it was bone dry and brutal on a rigid single speed, something tells me it wont be like that this weekend.

gee
    Free Member

It will be fine if it doesn’t rain too much actually on the day. Dry lines form fast at Crow. It is immensely bumpy – run large volume 2.25 tyres nice and soft. Ralphs dry, Rons wet.

GB

robbo
    Free Member

Alex, the women’s races are all together because they prefer to have the course to themselves and they all race each other that way. We get lots of feedback that they like it. Yes its a long day but this way you can cheer each other on!

Weather forecast can’t seem to make up its mind – changes every time I look!

heavy_rat
    Free Member

What’s the standard at these races like compared to brass monkeys?

c_klein87

depends which cat you enter!! course seemed less technical, but the riders were faster! i manage top 10 in BM’s, I entered the sport cat and guys were still quick! quick for the whole the race not just the start

njee20
    Free Member

What’s the standard at these races like compared to brass monkeys?

Better generally. Courses are usually tougher too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Southern XC round 2- Crow Hill’ is closed to new replies.