• This topic has 31 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aP.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Southern STW Tandem meet/weekend, anyone interested?
  • bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Missed last years STW tandem meet up in Yorkshire, is anyone interested in a southern version later in the summer?

Happy to lead the rides, 20 years of mtb tandem riding for us so got plenty of experience on what works/suits best a tandem ride. I’m based north of Portsmouth with loads of riding on my doorstep, South Downs, North Downs and plenty quality and quiet stuff between the two.

london_lady
    Free Member

Sounds like an idea – Devils Punchbowl again?

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Oh yes, thats a definite possibility.

DrP

ooh – might be able to convince the missus to brush the dust off the tandem and come along to this?!

When were you thinking??

DrP

aP
    Free Member

Yes. Sounds good to me. Been too long!

nbt

Maybe. Will depend on location and timing as usual, but we could consider making a trip in the caravan

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Not sure on dates as just an initial idea, lets throw a few about and see what suits the majority. Hows about late august(maybe bank holiday)/early september as a starter?

On the plus side, riding can be all weather as I have sandy, chalky and clay based trails in different directions from mine so can ride whatever dependant on weather conditions.

DrP

Avoid the BBB weekend if possible…

DrP

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Ok, earlier in august or early september then?

aP
    Free Member

Early August suits us. Just have to get the beast out beforehand to get reacustomed to long bike again.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

How about the weekend of the 17/18 august then?

Bunnyhop

We would love to come, however it’s just bit too far to travel.
    Maybe we could organise one more central at a later date.

aP
    Free Member

Will discuss with the other end.

ononeorange

We have a tandem but not really ridden it yet so too beginnerish to join this year. However must start riding it – maybe next year.

aP
    Free Member

Don’t worry about that. Come along and join the fun!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

bugpowder…I’m in a similar position to ononeorange. I’ve been mtbing for 6 years now but the girlfriend has only really ridden the tandem. Is there any chance you could show me some routes (mapmyride or similar if you use those?) so I can try them out. A lot of my own mtb routes are tight and twisty and not suitable for a tandem.

Are there lots of mtb tandems in the hampshire area? It would be great to do some regular rides.

Macgyver

After missing the northern tandem meet that featured in the mag, we would be up for a ride. In theory we could make a central one as well. I’ll watch this space for further announcements.

singlespeedstu

We’d be up for a central/mid wales one.
    Plenty of tandem friendly routes too.

aP
    Free Member

Splitter!

Bunnyhop

ononeorange – don’t worry about being newbies. We had a complete newbie couple on the Northern tandem meet. They had borrowed a tandem for the weekend and it was the first time for both pilot and stoker.
    Everyone just looked out for each other and the emphasis is on fun, fun, fun 🙂

nbt

Is this the Southern STW Tandem meet?

How dare you? We’re the STW Tandem meet, southern branch!

schmiken

Interested in one more central – we’re Loughborough based.

singlespeedstu

We’re not splitters we’re the Tandem Users Regional Development Squad.
    T.U.R.D.S.

Bunnyhop

Sexy

Clover

No, sexy is the Singletrack Tandem Users Development Squad.

Would love to if I get my weekends back. They’ve been stolen by my business for the moment.

Bunnyhop

lol @ clover.

We’re planning to visit your new shop when next in Buxton 🙂

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Been a bit slack on keeping up to date with this over the last few days.

yesiamtom, ygm

ononeorange, as Bunnyhop said newbies are welcome, come along, tandems are about the challenge and having fun

Come on you guys, come down south, (schmiken 2 1/2hrs from mine to L’boro), the riding is good and if you cant then keep me in the loop for a central/welsh meet as we are more than willing to travel to meet.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

If I can palm the 3 kids off on the mother in law it would be great to come along. Stoker’s not been out much though, so you’ll have to take it easy on us. Unfortunately, I can’t make 17/18 August.

Martin M

yesiamtom
    Free Member

bugpowderdust – I don’t seem to have any email from you 🙁 If you could send it again that would be great. Unless theres some hidden PM feature on this forum I don’t know about?!

aP
    Free Member

People still up for this? I’ve looked at ours recently and it’s still there, must go out for a ore-ride to make sure it’s still as disturbing as ever!

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

I could well be up for this depending on the date………….will be venturing from the flatlands of east anglia.

aP
    Free Member

Another nudge on this. Who’s still interested?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Southern STW Tandem meet/weekend, anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.