Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Southern enduro Rd1 – Milland
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

So what at race. All the hard work has paid off, the feedback we have been getting is amazing. Here’s a race report for oli carter:

Southern Enduro #1 – Milland

chiefgrooveguru

Was a brilliant event Scott. Well done to all of you, I can imagine how much work it is!

I do have one complaint – I’m getting quicker but you’re attracting faster riders than to QECP so I’m ending up even lower down the order. 😉

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Big thanks to all the organisers and Marshalls. It was my first enduro race, and it turned out just as I was hoping, a top day out racing my mates.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congratulations to all involved, its really great to see the growth of these events

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It was a great, fun day out.

Nice relaxing days racing. Even the weather played ball 🙂

Looking forward to the next one.

m0rk
    Free Member

I heard the guy setting people off on Stage 1 had some top banter.

Got a cracking tan out of it, so it was a good days racing

johnny

I’m currently nursing a broken bike and missed the tickets for round one anyway… Have the round’s gone on sale? Sold out?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Johnny round 2 goes on sale this Saturday at 08:00

http://www.moredirt.com/event/1295

mattbee

I was rubbish, the event was spectacular.
    A bit disappointed in myself but Scott and team deserve heaps of praise.
    Looking forward to Rnd 2 but I need to grow a pair and just ride a bit quicker!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Great event Scott, the trails were awesome. I reckon if they’d have been dry it would have been my favourite race venue!

I’d just got back from holiday and hadn’t ridden in ages, terrible performance and a few crashes but still had an awesome time! My mate who had been looking for a podium for ages finally taking the win in seniors was also great, and you calling his name out wrong was absolutely hilarious. He’s 19 and ‘Dylan Bales’ will now stick forever I think. We’ve even started him a Facebook page by that name if anyone fancies supporting the banter!

scottfitz
    Free Member

We were very lucky at milland as a race organiser you don’t get faced with a blank canvas very often.

We got to add trails that we would want to race. Also that could be ridden and enjoyed by first timers and elites a like.

The good thing about the weather pre the race is it cut in the trails properly for the next race there and highlighted areas to avoid next time too.

Really looking forward to the set up of Tidworth, I have race there 3 times and I love the place. What a great set up and bunch of locals.

johnny

Thanks Scott, Alarm set… Even if I have to buy a cheap HT frame and race that- which could be a great option!

Not been to Tidworth yet, hoping to get down there beforehand!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Tidworth is a great place, only started going recently but love it, we’re heading over on Saturday again. Only thing is I can’t figure out how you can set up an enduro there, trails seem too short and at the top of the trails there doesn’t seem to be any more elevation. I’m sure Scott has something up his sleeve though

scottfitz
    Free Member

Put it this way the elevation drop is simular to milland.

I will use all the trails at Tidworth but in 4 stages. Remix to the max. Hardest thing is to sort out a climb to the top.

scottfitz
    Free Member

As you can tell from this pic I always have a blast at Tidworth
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pTQCnv]IMG_1363[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

kimbers

Big shout out to Scott, not for the race, but for becoming a dad again !!!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Guessing that’s at the hooner race, looking forward to giving it a go this year, looks like a good laugh!

I suppose FOD style then, cutting accross the tracks. Sounds good, plenty of features and rooty bits to incorporate!

The Tidworth pushup is climbable but I reckon some sections would be great as part of a stage. There’s a bridleway at the top, I’d assumed the transition would somehow link up there.

superfli
    Free Member

Fantastic effort from Scott, building a race venue from scratch is very rarely done, and to do it without fault is amazing. Bravo Scott and everyone involved.
    Add kimbers says, massive congrats to Scott and Sophie on their 2nd mini fitz 🙂
    Well timed mate, getting it done early, in time for day night enduro lol!

Loads of smiles and happy faces at start of s4!

variflex
    Free Member

didn’t get my entry in quick enough but speaking to a few who were there, the only minor criticism was the amount of actual riding time was low (<20mins) and all the stages started from the same place. apart from that looked like an ace event. well done all.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I could make the transition longer but when I race I prefer the quickest/easiest way to the top of the hill.

Cheers guys, yes run a race on sunday and had a baby on Tuesday. Good timing I guess 🙂

VanHalen

cheers scott. first time racing in years and years and `ill defo be signing up for rd 2.

good banter and hours of fun. even crashing was ok as the landings were so soft.

kimbers

Is it sold out already?

scottfitz
    Free Member

66 entries sold and counting

petey83
    Free Member

Think I got in! It didn’t ask me for team, ranking or emergency contact details like it normally does. Anyone else have this problem?

Special_ized_Jamie

I’m in for Tidworth, no emergency contact stuff but ticket details send out via email so guess you can register other bits and bobs on the day

davosaurusrex

Gah! Missed it, again. Bloody kids swimming lessons….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congrats on the new arrival ! I am hoping (very optimisitically) I’ll be able to do the qecp schedule wise and get an entry. I am glad I didn’t buy a series entry as I wasn’t sure I could do them date wise although as chance would have it I was free last weekend but can’t do Tidworth and its best entries go to the fully available

akira

In for tidworth, need to get my skills back though.

scottfitz
    Free Member

More Dirt messed up with custom field like: Team, self ranking, etc….
    They are sorting it out by send all entrants an email form to fill out.

scottfitz
    Free Member

BTW if anyone wants to be added to the reserve list email, Name, age and category to southernenduro@hotmail.com

chiefgrooveguru

I have a spare entry for Tidworth as I can’t make it. I’ve emailed Scott so if there’s a reserve list someone off there can have it but haven’t heard back yet and am aware that it’s less than two weeks away…

scottfitz
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member

I have a spare entry for Tidworth as I can’t make it. I’ve emailed Scott so if there’s a reserve list someone off there can have it but haven’t heard back yet and am aware that it’s less than two weeks away…

Did I get back to you?

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, you did! Confusingly, the guy off the reserve list didn’t want it. And then I put it on the Southern Enduro Facebook and the chap who’d agreed to take it when we were at Milland (and spoke to you about changing the name/category) said he’d already contacted you to switch my entry to him, though I hadn’t heard from him myself. Clear as mud… I’ll email you because I’d quite like him to pay me for it!

scottfitz
    Free Member

YGM

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Southern enduro Rd1 – Milland’ is closed to new replies.