Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Southern Enduro
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

I have had a couple of people asking about the new venue we are creating in the south for the 2016 Southern Enduro series.

Here are the first video’s from the webisode series that is following the progress.

[video]http://youtu.be/UEH3MtdPLcA[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/Ge4iNl0xLBc[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/mMIAKDKoNGw[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good luck and thanks. I got the email and just subscribed to the channel. Will be blocking out some of those dates, fingers crossed I get an entry.

benpinnick

Looking great Scott – Good to see a new series popping up from people truly passionate about the sport. I think Southern Enduro will be one of the go to series for next year!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottfitz
    Free Member

Cheers Ben

mark88

Looking good. Made a note to make sure I’m about for that weekend

chiefgrooveguru

Can’t wait to unleash my supreme racing mediocrity on this series! 🙂

caspian
    Free Member

Love the posh farm owner kid in the 2nd video.

If you are a wealthy landowner in the Meonstoke / Corhampton / Exton area and want to let me build jumps on your land, please get in touch.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Not too fat from my end of the woods, excellent…

mattbee

When I used to run paintball sites, the Cowdray (huge landowners in Midhurst/Liphook area) kids came and had a game for a birthday. They loved it and promptly set up a full blown site on their own land.
    Maybe need to get them into Enduro instead!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Cowdray (huge landowners in Midhurst/Liphook area)

Cowdray was contacted with no response. They do have motorbike enduro’s on there land (Fernhursts side) and a large disused quarry on the Chichester side of Midhurst.

mattbee

I’ll see if I still have any contact details…

scottfitz
    Free Member

Please

scottfitz
    Free Member

So the series goes on sale this Saturday (christmas present from your other half??) Info HERE

mark88

How are entries after the first day Scott? Will I get away with waiting a couple of weeks or are they selling out like the QECP events?

mattbee

Only 8 left according to Facebook earlier.

mark88

Glad I asked! Got my entry for sport.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Now sold out, cheers for the support guys. Individual entries for round one go on sale 09:00 on Saturday 13th February 2016.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Photo update on the Milland venue build: http://southernenduro.co.uk/651-2/

chiefgrooveguru

Can’t wait for the first round, especially having ridden my new hardtail enduro gnarpoon for the first time yesterday! Milland track looks like it’ll be challenging in the wet… 🙂

ferrals
    Free Member

If you are looking for venues, when I used to live in the area (90s) there was a SAMS xc and dh race near East Meon. We used to ride there a fair bit and i remember good trails – might be an option? Cant even really remember where it was somewhere along the winchester road

jam-bo

Milland track looks like it’ll be challenging in the wet…

looks like it’ll get destroyed if its wet…

VanHalen

whats with cutting all teh narrow ledges? is off-camber banned now?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Signed up for all 4 .. Can’t wait

Milland is on Greensand – so I think should drain well.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Milland is on Greensand – so I think should drain well.

This. Like Rogate if you have ridden there.

Van Halen – Member
    whats with cutting all teh narrow ledges? is off-camber banned now?

That’s just the top of one of the tracks (Stage 1) Its very steep and if you want to go across the hill it needs cutting in.

scottfitz
    Free Member

ferrals – Member

If you are looking for venues, when I used to live in the area (90s) there was a SAMS xc and dh race near East Meon. We used to ride there a fair bit and i remember good trails – might be an option? Cant even really remember where it was somewhere along the winchester road
    Yes I know the place. I already have some chalk based venues. I’m an looking at venues that are free draining greensands (Like milland 😀 ) always happy to look at options.

kimbers

So who’s racing tomorrow?

Missed out on milland last time so looking forward to a new venue

mattbee

Yep. Looking forward to some loamy, drifty action. As long as the car park field is a little drier than last time it will be groovy.

chiefgrooveguru

See you there! Propping up the lower order of hardtail class again…

johnny

Good luck S’enduroers- I missed out on this as I thought I had other commitments which have now evaporated… Already looking forward to next year!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Should be good, bit drier this time round & wont be going out of the bottom of the car park this time, would quite like the car to make it out without half the field attached to the underside.

Hoping to go one better & get a podium in masters. 4th last time 🙂

deanfbm
    Free Member

I’m there in seniors tomorrow.

Can’t cope racing. Just going to not pedal and huck to flat, see where that gets me

Rubber_Buccaneer

chiefgrooveguru – Member
    See you there! Propping up the lower order of hardtail class again…

I thought you had a FS? You using the hardtail as an excuse?

chiefgrooveguru

I thought you had a FS? You using the hardtail as an excuse?

I do! But this hardtail was new and exciting when the series entry went on sale and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Only took until the last stage of the last round to get some proper flow happening on it… So yes, excellent excuse! That and being more scared of what my wife will say if I crash and hurt myself than of coming last because I ride too conservatively for safety’s sake… 😉

kimbers

Was good fun, milland is a great venue

stage 4 was hardwork, I crashed on the start line, crashed further down , lost my chain

5 was my favourite, hanging on tight as you can for the swoopy turns b4 the fast log jump 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Under 24 hours from the finish of the 2016 series in already getting pumped about the 2017 series 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

Hopefully my collarbone will heal up in time for round 1 Scott 😆

mattbee

Race was great, I was not!
    TBH I didn’t really try that hard as I found the soft loamy sections hard going so didn’t see the point flogging myself to death for a mid pack placing.
    Just enjoyed riding the trails & not bothering about going flat out saw me finish way down the pack but I actually had more fun than I did in the first round at Milland.
    Stage 4 was unreal at the top, so claggy! The bottom half was much nicer though.
    Think 2 & 5 were my faves.
    Well done on a fantastic series Scott & team, looking forward to next year. How about a night race at Milland like the QE one? Camping, maybe a beer tent, would be ace!

kimbers

Southern Enduro Champs stage video

I’m excited

[video]https://youtu.be/yRtxK7XFjEk[/video]

jam-bo

Hope it’s dries out by then.

Looks like I need to cut my bars down and get pedalling….

scottfitz
    Free Member

@jam bo – I’m running 800mm bars in that vid so as long as yours aren’t bigger than that you should be all good.

Yes hope it dries out a bit by mid April but I was surprised how much grip there was considering it had been raining for most of that day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Southern Enduro’ is closed to new replies.