Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Southampton – old BMX track nr cedar school – is it being rebuilt?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Drove past there today (just off Romsey road) looks like lots of digging going on by a building firm – are they rebuilding the track or just extending the school and demolishing it.

If it is the latter a real shame, as even though it’s not been a proper track for 20odd years I still ride round there occassionally for old times sake 🙁

DT78
    Free Member

Ah the power of google…. looks like it is RIP, real shame..

Following a public consultation on the proposals to redevelop part of Five Acres Field for the Lordshill Academy, an area of land has been identified for the school building to the north of the field and close to the Cedar School which includes a BMX track and cycling proficiency circuit. This avoids development on the existing sports pitches. The council is committed to address the loss of open space resulting from this development and the planning application will be determined in accordance with Local Plan Review (CD92) policy CLT3.

petestuart
    Free Member

The council is committed to address the loss of open space resulting from this development

Does this mean WCA’s plans will be more likely as a result of the loss of the BMX track?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DT78
    Free Member

No idea, I think the place WCA is talking to is a private company though. To be honest the BMX track had seriously seen better days, but there was still enough of it to have a few loops on my way to and from work…sad to see it go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Southampton – old BMX track nr cedar school – is it being rebuilt?’ is closed to new replies.