Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Southampton Night Riding
  • dennismurphy
    Free Member

Hi, I am training for an Enduro and am looking for some people to go night riding with, probably in Lords Wood, but could do locally as well.
    Anyone keen?
    Cheers
    Dennis

nixie

A group of us ride Lordswoods every Thursday, meeting at half 6 at the gas works. Its not a fast ride though, normally end up doing 5-7 miles.

mattbee

Mind you, the Thursday bimble seems to be getting gradually faster as the weeks go on, we did about 8 miles last night!

DT78
    Free Member

Yep regular thurs ride. I also tend to ride lw solo most evenings working on base fitness about 12 miles or so. Happy to meet up for a training ride gets boring solo! I am generally in Lw 5.30-7.00.
    Doing gorrick enduro on Sunday so will probably have Monday off.

40mpg

check out Newforce as they have a number of night rides Tues and Thurs in the Southampton & Winchester area.

lucien

Good luck with the Newforce lot, I’ve found them difficult to contact, hard to engage and basically up their own ar*e when it comes to sharing info on rides etc.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

lucien – Member
    Good luck with the Newforce lot, I’ve found them difficult to contact, hard to engage and basically up their own ar*e when it comes to sharing info on rides etc.

Now thats really funny 😆 from a guy who asks loads of questions, loads of times and never turns up 😆

TimCotic
    Free Member

Well I’d say the Newforcers are quite friendly and the old hands know their way round the local trails with their eyes shut! I sometimes go along on the Tuesday Kormas (normally about 20 miles starting in Winchester area 6.45ish ) and occasionally the Thursday Tikka rides (about the same distance but a bit quicker). There are varying levels of fitness so there’s usually someone to ride at your pace, and in the worst case scenario if you really can’t keep up, then you certainly won’t be abandoned. The Vindaloo peeps are quicker again and probably good for someone who’s enduro training (well enduro drinking anyway) 😉
    No harm in coming along to see if you like the Newforce evening rides.

PS. Forgot to mention: It’s only a tenner a year and you get 3 trial rides before they ask you to stump up yer cash.

lucien

Now thats really funny from a guy who asks loads of questions, loads of times and never turns up

Oh yeah, the three times (that’s loads btw) I’ve asked with questions like “how long is the ride”, “what sort of distance and pace”, “what route” etc has been met with either a purile response, no information or my posts deleted from NF forum. That’s what I call a friendly response…..

As I’ve said before that’s “up your own ar*e” in my book

juan
    Free Member

Not sure lordswood is the gnarest place to train for an enduro 😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

lucien – tool

Right then…

1) On 3 different occasions I personally responded to you questions with specifics about our rides, general routes, and distances, via the forum and personal message.
    2) On all of these occasions YOU didn’t turn up.
    3) Then you ask for the same again, and get the arse when no one gives you the information yet again, just a few hours before a ride.
    4) then you post on OUR forum, that you are not happy!
    5) The thread was deleted because of the ride details. As a club we can not sanction night riding in the Forest.

FFS grow up!

We have over 130 happy members, who ride regularly, and appreciate the work some of us do to organise rides, trips, insurance, magazines, the website etc. for FREE.

ps. you have also pissed off the membership sec during this thread!

Enjoy your solo rides..

ciderinsport
    Free Member

ps. dennismurphy,

if you want to pop out with me/us, drop me an email!

pjm84
    Free Member

Now now…. play nicely.

Luc rides with myself and a few like minded mates.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

… and I ride ride with like minded people…

Give us a try sometime pjm84..

If you don’t like it, don’t come back – by try the riding first

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

For the benefit of Lucien

The last post of mine that you took offence to was:

We ride for a bit
    We stop for a drink
    We ride home

The actual destination had been mentioned in the first post on that now deleted thread.

My reply to your rant went something like this:

I believe my post accurately describes the spontaneous nature of our rides. If you require something more structured or rigidly planned then there are other groups within the club that would most likely better cater for your needs.

I challenge you to explain how you see that as being

“up your own ar*e”

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Remembered too late to edit that my first quote should be:

We ride for a bit
    We stop for a drink
    We ride home
    Seemples

Intended to be read in a humourous meerkat style.
    I’d hate for someone to accuse me of not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

lucien

Thank you ciderinsport, I think you have managed to convey what the NEWFORCE club is really about when:-

lucien – tool

– I think that’s a bit of name calling, tut tut

And also: –

ps. you have also pissed off the membership sec during this thread!

– I’m assuming that’s meant as some kind of threat to my membership?

Who needs to grow up here?

mattbee

Is there a shop in S’oton somewhere that sells the handbag holders for your bikes?

doglover
    Free Member

lucien – Member

Think you need to come along for a ride with us, internet is a crap way for communicating sometimes isn;’t ? , am sure if you met any NFer’s in person you’d be welcomed along for a spin wtf not ? the clubs so far not up it’s own arse it’s detached…

scaredypants

I’ve ridden with the “notquiteNewforce usedtobeMarchwood Thursday” group a few times in the past

They often seemed to have only a bit of an idea in advance but then make up the route as we went along, depending on conditions and peoples preferences at the time

they were friendly, pretty fast (though I’m not a great yardstick for judging “normal” pace) but they never left me behind (once lost somebody else briefly and they turned round and went looking for him))

very good route knowledge – I’d never have found most of the good bits even in the light

My only complaint was that I had to drive down so couldn’t make the most of the pub at the end

mls
    Free Member

lucien

I have ridden with Newforce for several years and allways found everybody to be friendly. Anybody who wants to ride will allways be welcome and with various groups there are rides for everbody.

However we like to ride not spend our time posting!!! Despite that a number of us have replied to your frequent questions. We have pointed out the rides are a bit ad-hoc and hence some of the details you want are not available, but have allways encourage you to come along.
    However despite saying you will come we have never seen you.

So stop critersising people you have never met and come along.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Anyone want to see what the Newforce Vindaloo group look like??

P9181014

A recent trip to the Quantocks – Sharki showed us round! Top bloke BTW

69er
    Free Member

lucien – Member

Alternatively, I’ve found them easy to contact, friendly whilst being pretty relaxed about routes and distances. Why worry?

Throw your leg over your bike, switch your lights on and ride. Take the p1ss out of (me usually) people that fall off. Drink beer. Wobble home tired but chilled. Spot on! 😆

chojin
    Free Member

I might just try and join NF for a ride at some point? I’m local to Southampton and work in winchester

TimCotic
    Free Member

Now THAT’S the spirit!

PS. I only go if it’s dry and a full moon.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Southampton Night Riding’ is closed to new replies.