Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Southampton Night Rides
  • DT78
    Free Member

Just in case a few people haven't spotted my more cryptic post

I'll be meeting up with one or two STWers this thurs (12/11) for a quick run round Lordswood

Meet at the municipal golf course clubhouse for 7pm. More the merrier.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If my brake pads or new cranks turn up I will probably be there eithe ron the SS (needs pads) or Scott (needs cranks). Don't wait for me if I am not there by 7.

bikey
    Free Member

Dont forget Darren and Nick there is a group of about 8-10 riders (Meon Valley MTB Club) that ride out of Whiteley Village every Thursday night at 7pm. You two are always welcome.

Matt

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cheers – not in the country often enough to commit to anything regular but might try and join for a couple

vd

May be able to make this. Where is the clubhouse? Road and/or postcode for my satnav?

Nick – you don't need cranks, just scoot like a velocipede

DT78
    Free Member

Southampton Municipal Golf Course? – more info »
    Golf Course Rd, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 7LE? – 023 8076 0478?

Hopefully this link will work:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I'm happy to lead the group first evening as I've got a route reasonably well memorised (at least I didn't get lost last week when I went solo)

It's mostly rooty singletrack, with some fireroad climbs. I imagine after the last week there will be some mud so come prepared 🙂

Thanks for the invite Matt, I might well take you up on the offer in Dec.

dobo
    Free Member

I'm interested in night rides, will see if i can get there for 7pm, dont wait about though

This link should work
    http://tinyurl.com/Municipal-Golf-Course

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

ill be there at 7 tonight.

Google map

thanks shaun

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Postman has been and gone. No brake pads and no cranks so no ride for me tonight. 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

How cool is that – postman turns up again, this time with my brake pads. If I can fit them, I will be there!

2 postal deliveries in 30 minutes?!?

DT78
    Free Member

Cool 🙂

Well I'll aim to be there 6.50 or so and leave by 5 past to give people a bit of a window.

Hopefully it won't be freezing and torrential rain!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Brakes fitted and raring to go!

scaredypants

WCA, worraboutyercranks ?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Minimilist bike – who needs cranks?

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Just been out.

Oh dear. It's shi$e out there, enjoy.

DT78
    Free Member

Oh no. Looking out of my window it's hammering it down. Typical!

I'm still happy to gear up and head out if other people are still up for it.

If not I might sit at home and have a beer…..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am still up for it, torrential rain, new brakes not bedded in yet, a £15 head torch, in the dark, riding a fixie – What's not to love about that?

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Seeds of doubt!!
    What seemed a good idea at the time!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Okay – Roll Call time

I am not rain shy so I will be there.

DT78
    Free Member

Right. I'll come. Fckin weather. Pah.

You'll probably need new pads again by the end of the evening lol

See you at 7pm

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Oh bugger, I was hoping everyone else would wimp out. I better dig out some kind of waterproof then

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Ah sh!t. I cant make it now as im on call and a vessel has had to do a emergency slip (take it out of the water quickly) !! (truth, im not weather shy either!!)

Shaun

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I reckon we will be doing loads of 'emergency slips' tonight!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Yeah!! i bet you will.

i would cut my arm off to come riding tonight but as the boat is broken and has sheered a propeller shaft i think i best had get that sorted 1st

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DT78 and WCA so far – any more takers?

DT78
    Free Member

Just the 2 of us then – it'll be epic man vs storm.

Getting kitted up now

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Do you think it is worth putting a jacket on or will it just blow over. Getting ready now.

See you soon

dobo
    Free Member

just got in from work, will not be going tonight.. but would like to another time

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

nothing to do with the weather then eh Dobo?

😉

dobo
    Free Member

how very dare you lol, the fact that i have not had a dry ride for a couple of weeks has nothing to do with it…
    but yea the weather sux tonight for sure but i usualy ride all weather day or night solo or not and probably could make it if i rushed but i'd rather give a loooong boring excuse instead :0

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

got here a bit early and can confirm the reports of damp in the air were not overstating the case. All gutters on the clubhouse are overflowing and i think i just saw a dolphin swim past

dobo
    Free Member

full wet n wild ride report required..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just back. Wet and indeed muddy. Great fun though.

Saw deer and loads of frogs.

Fixie skids are so much easier in these conditions.

Everyone who didn't come, should have as it was brilliant.

DT78
    Free Member

Yep was definitely a good laugh and worth putting all the kit on. I have a new found respect for offroad fixies!

Will try to arrange another one in early Dec when I'm back from hols, hopefully next time I won't be torn between taking the XC hardtail or Noah's Ark…..

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Gutted!!!!! if it helps i have been working all night working underneath a ship, getting covered in oil and seaweed.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

don't worry, we got just as dirty. There was a touch of mud about

Danny79
    Free Member

Only noticed this post late yesterday would have been up for it but already had something else planned, will keep an eye out for the next one. Got proper soaked commuting 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just had a look at the bike in the garage. I didn't clean it yesterday.

So covered in mud that I am not sure whether to wash it or plant it.

DT78
    Free Member

lol – sadly I'm not going to get the chance to clean mine for a good few weeks as I'm off on hols. Might well be fostering a small unique ecosystem when I get back….

tilt
    Free Member

I'd be up for a night ride if another one is planned (saw the original post but then completely forgot about it…)

The two mates I (used to) ride with appear to have an aversion to going out at night, or if it's raining 🙄

Lordswood is my local ride anyway, only really know the trails at the Chilworth end though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Southampton Night Rides’ is closed to new replies.