Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • South west DH
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’m heading down to Bristol in a few weeks for the annual birthday celebrations for my grandmother. I usually take the friday off and do some DHing: So far I’ve done Gethin and Cwmcarn but I was wondering what else is worth a go.

I woud prefer somewhere with an uplift (Cwmcarn score highly on this) but if the push isn’t too bad then I am happy to forego this.

I realise that not everywher runs uplifts, especially on a Friday.

I am tempted by Cwm carn asI haven’t been since they altered the bottom section, although I am always tempted by something new, especially if it’s steep and technical. Fast and jumpy is good too .

scruff
    Free Member

Forest of Dean ‘Flyupdownhill’ does uplifts on Friday, just over the river about 30mins drive. Not steep or tech but good variety and good fun, excellent uplift.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have looked at the FOD but from what I’ve seen os a bit too much like the type of terrain i get here in the SE. If it’s worth it, I may make an exception lol.

neilforrow

Triscombe. Not sure the uplift is running on a fri, but the push ain’t too bad. About 15 tracks ranging from jumpy/ fast to out and out tech. Cracking place to ride.

mikey74
    Free Member

Where’s Triscombe? I’ve never heard of that one.

neilforrow

It’s west of Taunton. There is a Facebook page with some info on it. Email me if you want some directions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘South west DH’ is closed to new replies.