Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • South Wales Trail/ camping recommendations
  • tom199
    Free Member

So far this summer we have ridden Afan, Cwmcarn, BPW, FoD so looking to make a weekend of it and try a few more South Wales trails.
    I was thinking perhaps Brechfa/ Cwm Rhaeadr on the Saturday and then back to ride Afan on the Sunday on the way home.
    Firstly what are Brechfa and Cwm Rhaeadr like and are they both doable in a day or best just to stick to one?
    Also, any recommendations for a pretty basic (just bringing tents and need showers no clubhouses etc) but ok campsite near to either or somewhere in between there and Afan?

dynebaruk
    Free Member

You can definitely do Brechfa and Cwm Rhaeadr in the same day. Laps of Cwm Rhaeadr are only about 6 or 7km, so you can just loop it as many times as you’ve got time/ energy for. It is well worth the visit though.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

I stay at Tir abbey campsite when in Afan.
    Bit exposed and the road up to the site is a bit rough,other than that its a great site.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=8699

tom199
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Is the red trail at Brechfa worth trying or does the black offer more fun per mile?

welshfarmer

EDIT.. wrong forum 🙂

rob8624
    Free Member

I’m about 5mins from that campsite…If you like techy stuff you are in the right place, some amazing stuff very close by.

Red and green are better than the black at Brechfa. In fact, the green is the best trail there.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Black at Brechfa is great.

Combine red + black for a big day out (+ green too if you’re really keen)

Not sure about local camping. Pembrey Country Park maybe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘South Wales Trail/ camping recommendations’ is closed to new replies.