Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • South Wales Accommodation
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

We are going to South Wales in September. 6-8 of us on the usual bike trip and I am looking for accommodation advice. We have stayed at the Brynteg guest house in Cymmer a couple of times and have been very happy but fancied a change. Bunk houses fine. Threads like this before I know but couldn’t find them using the search function.
    Will be doing Brechfa, Bike Park, Afan, Cym Carn, the usual suspects.
    Any advice appreciated.

Dragon Hotel, Crickhowell is very nice – lovely rooms, treated us well when the town had a power cut (went out of their way to make some nice snap) and Crickhowell is a lovely little town.

Twin
    Free Member

Only trouble with Crickhowell is that it’s not near any of those places (but it is lovely). I’d suggest Ty Castell Guest house in Caerphilly. Or there’s The Cottage guest house, also in Caerphilly. You’ve got loads of pubs & eating places close by, Cwmcarn is 20 mins away as is Bike park Wales (in opposite directions!), the M4 Cardiff junction is 10 mins away so ideal for access to Afan and Brechfa. I’d say an hour to Afan, 1hr 20 to Brechfa. There are also a few premier inn type places if you’d prefer.

gwaelod
    Free Member

early September is when NATO summit is on in Newport….expect road chaos and journos booking up all the decent accommodation in cardiff and Newport areas.

I think its the week the schools go back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘South Wales Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.