Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • South Tenerife
  • hallz
    Free Member

Im off to Tenerife soon for a week of R&R with her that must be obeyed! I’m hopeful though of maybe hiring a mountain bike for a day and getting out for a ride.

We are going down to the Playa de las Americas / Los Cristianos area and just wondered if anyone has had any experiences with bike hire or guided routes in that neck of the woods?

Cheers

redx

Have a talk to Daz at Lavatrax. He should be able to sort you out with a bike and it’s definitely be worth paying for a days guiding as he knows some cracking routes…..

Alex

Daz is the man. We had four days there in December and it was Fab. All shittled as well 🙂 Wrote it up here http://pickled-hedgehog.com/?p=2776 – defo worth getting a guide and an uplift. Superb trails from just under the national park down to a beer on the beach. Take pads tho, it’s slippy and abrasive!

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Good write up Alex 🙂

Going to see Daz next week for a day coming down the volcano, can’t wait!

Alex

thats a cracking route. have a good one 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Daz at Lavatrax is THE MAN!
    He can do what you want, one day, two days, whatever. He’s got good hire bikes and knows all the routes (and the best cafes) Worth every penny!
    🙂

hallz
    Free Member

Thanks fellas

I had found Lavatrax on the net before i posted and worried that it might be a bit more catered towards groups and multi day bookings. I’ll give him a try though – so thanks again.

DeMoose
    Free Member

Plus 1 for Dazz. I had a days trail riding with him a couple of weeks ago. He’s a genuine top bloke! Picked up and dropped me off at my hotel. He rented me a Marin Wolfridge which was very capable.
    Make sure you take some pads though!

Sandwich

Mrs S (who doesn’t normally ride) enjoyed her day out with Darren. There are some great pics of her badly twatted calves where she fell off. We did a really easy ride though I would go back and do some of the other routes he guides next time we head out there.

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers for the glowing feedback folks. Of course it’s always a pleasure to welcome you for a single day or more. That’s the whole idea, I know I could never justify a full week away biking, a weekend was tough enough! So just grab whatever you can cash in the brownie points for 😀

shanta
    Free Member

Yep..Daz @ Lavatrax is ya fella.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘South Tenerife’ is closed to new replies.