Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • South Shropshire Mtb group rides?
  • jakd95
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any weekly group/shop/club rides that are on in South Shropshire (Ludlow/Church Stretton area)?

I’m lacking a bit of motivation to go out and ride and going out with a group might help with that..

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

pezza
    Free Member

There is a group that goes out from the fire station in Church Stretton, Tuesdays. 6PM I think? the guy from Plush hill cycles goes out with them, might be worth giving them a call.

willstaffs
    Free Member

I follow The Trailhead on twitter which is a bike shop in Shrewsbury, they organise a ride every Tuesday at either the Long Mynd or Nescliffe area, I keep meaning to go over for a ride!

This was tweeted by them today:

@TheTrailheadUK: Last nights shop ride was one of the best yet. 24 of us took on Nesscliffe’s Singletrack led by @GuppyRichard #mega http://t.co/ikghBu0Usz

trusty

For ludlow / bringewood look up ludlow all mountain bike and ludlow xc mtb on facebook and try pearce cycles. Blazing Bikes at marshbrook do a regular shops ride on a Wednesday as well. I ride Mortimers / Bringewood in the week as well, so drop me a line if you’re in the area.

incitatus
    Free Member

Join us tonight for our weekly shop ride from Blazing Bikes in Marshbrook. The Station Inn next door is owned by the same person so free chips afterwards.

Riding is along the gravity enduro style

Very informal and fun, leave there at 7. The shop’s open too if you need any last minute things!

http://www.blazingbikes.co.uk

jakd95
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I’m not free this week but I’ll definitely look into the ones in Stretton next week as that’s a little closer to me.

Would I be out of place on a 120mm hardtail with the Marshbrook group? I’m assuming the riding is on the Long Mynd?

incitatus
    Free Member

Not not all all, a couple swap between their hardtails and full sus from week to week for fun.

The different groups in the area have slightly different styles, so it was just an indication of the things we ride. We like the climbs and love the downs, but no one gets left behind.

Ride the Mynd, Caradoc, Lawley ect. The well known stuff and the not so well known. Sometimes we’ll arrange to go to Easty or Bucknell, Hopton ect with the local boys from there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘South Shropshire Mtb group rides?’ is closed to new replies.