Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • South-East drivers
  • brassneck

In India they drive on what side of the road they feel like! I know, ive been scared crapless by it this year!

One of the downsides with a belief in karma / fate / whatever – if you die it just happens to be your time. Worried about yourself? Don’t it’s clearly your time too 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If it isn’t in a Pizza Express box. I won’t touch it.
    Also it has to be plain so that I can put my own favourite brands of anchovies and capers on it.

kimbers

molgrips……

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They simply live and drive a different way to us, and when they move here, they bring it with them. Young Asians born here tend to be as car-aware as we are, yes indeed, but the older ones are, in general, not up to the same standard as most other people.

That’s pretty flimsy, Peter. The vast majority of people of overseas origin who drive in the UK have learned and passed their test here in the UK. Most will never have driven overseas. Foreign licences are only valid for 12 months. To continue driving here, you have to pass a UK driving test.

My point is, that without justification, Hora’s comments are ignorant and bigoted, but sadly that’s the norm with him. He may well have a point to make based on his own personal experience, but to me it’s just more of the same ‘foreigners aren’t as good as us’ crap that he often comes up with.

As a Londoner, I see bad driving from all sorts. I just see a bad driver though, I don’t tend to note what colour or nationality they are. Good and bad in all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very good moley – a wee rant about driving in the south eats and we have 3 pages of accusations flying back and forward. Couldn’t have done better myself

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it’s non-EU licenses that are only valid for a year Elf.

As for Hora’s comments – are generalism, prejudice and racism all the same thing?

Couldn’t have done better myself

That’s serious praise!

DezB
    Free Member

Hora’s comments are ignorant and bigoted, but sadly that’s the norm with him

Damn. And you and he were getting on so well yesterday. 🙁

scu98rkr
    Free Member

My point is, that without justification, Hora’s comments are ignorant and bigoted, but sadly that’s the norm with him. He may well have a point to make based on his own personal experience, but to me it’s just more of the same ‘foreigners aren’t as good as us’ crap that he often comes up with.

But surely the original comment was bigoted as well suggesting south east drivers are worse than northerners.

In fact Somalian drivers from London are a sub group of SE drivers and you didnt start ranting at the OP.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s inherently nasty, just ignorant and lacking in the ability to think things through a bit before he types.

I’m pretty sure he’s reading this, but lacks the balls and intelligence to actually explain his stupid comments.

Hey ho.

He’s like a dozy mate you have to keep explaining things to, because he doesn’t ‘get it’ like other folk do.

It’s a shame though; considering the wealth of information available so that we can enlighten ourselves about the World around us, that some people continue to wallow in their own ignorance. 🙁

But surely the original comment was bigoted as well suggesting south east drivers are worse than northerners.

I don’t think it did; Molgrips lives in Bristol! 🙂

The OP din’t allude to the abilities of people according to their ethnicity, merely their location….

molgrips
    Free Member

Bristol! How dare you! I live in Cardiff 🙂

Elf, I accept your point.. HOWEVER he described a correlation between ethnicity and driving style, NOT a causal link.

There’s a difference, don’t you agree?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The OP din’t allude to the abilities of people according to their ethnicity, merely their location….

Sorry I dont get this at all ???

Would it be ok to say people who live in Somalia are rubbish at driving then ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

HOWEVER he described a correlation between ethnicity and driving style, NOT a causal link.

No, he din’t actually explain anything; he merely said:

of course you need to keep well away from the Somalian drivers.

No explanation why we’re meant to keep away from the Somalian drivers. Just that we should keep away from them.

I have a few Somalian friends who drive in London. Perhaps Hora could come down here and explain to them why we should keep away from them?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I assumed he meant a correlation…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is it something to do with Pirates? Or Pilates? I get them mixed up.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What a pussy.

Man-up, you limp-wristed Northern loser!

Slug. That’s what you get from a diet of crap beer, fags and lard.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not bloody Northern! I’m half Northern, half Welsh from the Midlands. Or West Country depending on who you talk to.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

West Country? Where the hell’s that? No wonder you move around like a pregnant cow.

Get out of the way.

surfer
    Free Member

I have a few Somalian friends who drive in London.

I got the impression you knew all of them given the authority with which you speak!

Anyway Londoners shouldnt be on the roads, bunch of pikeys!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

So to sum up, drivers people in the SE are either:
    a) retarded
    b) c**ts
    c) both

There – fixed it for the pair of you.

TheBrick
    Free Member

” Foreign licences are only valid for 12 months. To continue driving here, you have to pass a UK driving test.”

and a significant proportion drive with expired license or no license. In some area of London I think it’s meant to be some stupid %. I can’t find he article now but it was in several papers.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

+1 Surrounded by Zulus.

Sums it up nicely.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The vast majority of people of overseas origin who drive in the UK have learned and passed their test here in the UK.

This sounds like speculation to the same degree as Hora’s.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is Cardiff in the North then? I have no idea. It’s outside the M25, that’s all I know.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This sounds like speculation to the same degree as Hora’s.

Ok:

The vast majority of people of overseas origin who are registered to drive in the UK have learned and passed their test here in the UK.

Better?

I should clarify that by ‘overseas’ I mean outside the EU.

Where is Hora to explain himself? Coward. Big gob, no bottle…

No wonder you move around like a pregnant cow.

Get out of the way.

😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

London car drivers are the most entertaining in the SE. Come time to bike across to Waterloo in the evening and it’s more like a white-water adrenaline rush on two wheels!! Got it down to 13 minutes from work without dying, yet!!!

How good is that!?!?!? 😯 😀 8)

GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Ferkin pedestrians.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: All on a Brompton, I might add…

To which I’ve just fitted spuds.

AWEsome.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got it down to 13 minutes from work without dying, yet!!!

Waterloo to Thomas More St, isn’t it?

On a Brompton? 😯

That’s pretty bloody good if you ask me…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Waterloo to Thomas More St, isn’t it?

Yerp.

Even more fun in the dark.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Which route do you take?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I should clarify that by ‘overseas’ I mean outside the EU.

😆

Ever driven in rural France? It’s like a whole new world… (that crosses the road at random and on blind bends)

😉

(The Periphique (sp?) at rush hour is pretty interesting too)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stacey demonstrates the cycling eskimo roll….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcntsWDtyEM[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Usually, round the Imax, along Stamford street, Southwark Street, turn right into St. Thomas Street then under the bridge past the Shard – Staines Street into Tooley Street.

Then along to Tower Bridge. Over the bridge, hack right across the oncoming traffic onto the pavement along East Smithfield.

Stamford street is oncoming one-way at the moment with roadworks, so it’s out the back of W’loo and along the parallel route to the south until I turn left at Guildford Street to get back onto Southwark…

Coming back it’s straight along Tooley until London Bridge, then straight through and round the Imax Death Race 2000 circus.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I’m not bloody Northern! I’m half Northern, half Welsh from the Midlands. Or West Country depending on who you talk to.

Anywhere north of the Watford Gap is the north country. Strange things happen there! 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So we are agreed then. Teh south east is full of pasty faced selfish subsidy gobbling illiterate twunts who could not drive safely if their life depended on it.

And to think my taxes go towards subsiding them

MrWoppit
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    So we are agreed then

Shouldn’t think so. Stay north of Watford or get out of my way.

Fatso.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The watford gap is in Northamptonshire though so well north of Cardiff.

Unfortunately every one thinks its to do with Watford in London.

ocrider

Ever driven in rural France? It’s like a whole new world… (that crosses the road at random and on blind bends)

I did a summer job in a delivery van around SW London and I have had far worse experiences south of Lyon. Dont start on about the French on roundabouts please!

On topic,
    You went to Pizza Hut for pizza.
    In your car.
    In Farnborough.

You lose. 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Tonight I’ll be having black bass with a sun-dried tomato ragu and chorizo, with dauphinoise potatoes. In my room.

That better?

ocrider

Infinately 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

On topic,
    You went to Pizza Hut for pizza.
    In your car.
    In Farnborough.

I did no such thing!

I’d never eat a pizza from Pizza Hut.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘South-East drivers’ is closed to new replies.