Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • South-East Asia in July?
  • legend
    Free Member

Crap idea or not? The weather charts I’ve looked at imply that I’ll either be soaked by the immense humidity or the monsoon rains, but two mates that went at that time of year (different trips) both got cracking conditions.

Anyone here been over in that direction at that time of year? If I can figure out if it’s worth it for the weather, at least then I can try and start choosing where to go!

Cheers

stewartc
    Free Member

South easia is a large area, do you have any specific countries in mind as there is a huge differences between (for example) Vietnam, North China and Singapore?
    For example, in Hong kong it tends to be hot with high humidity and there is a high chance of Typhoons hitting, I imagine Bali though would be very pleasant (but hot).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above.

Singapore in July is hot. And wet. Astonishingly powerful rainstorms lash down, then within ten minutes everything’s dry again, but still damned hot. And humid.

But the food….! 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Love the food already, going to come back fat 🙂

Dammit, thought the weather was relatively consistent across the area. Most likely would be touring Thailand or Vietnam, but also open to suggestions

Duane…
    Free Member

Was in Malaysia and Thailand for 3 weeks last August. Were expecting monsoons every day, but really wasn’t that bad at all, had rain a few days but not nearly every day, and it didn’t upset our plans much at all, just meant we had to sit under shelter for an hour until it passed.

Oh and SE Asia is amazing.

crispo
    Free Member

We are going to Bali for 2 1/2 weeks in June on our honeymoon. We have been told that it’s a great time of year to visit weather wise.

We stop in Singapore on the way back for a couple of nights. Will be posting some ‘recommend me things to do/places to eat &drink’ type threads closer the time I should think so maybe picking people’s minds then!

legend
    Free Member

Bali huh, more of a beach holiday compared to elsewhere? Need lots of stuff to do so we don’t get bored silly

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will be posting some ‘recommend me things to do/places to eat &drink’ type threads closer the time

Please do, lah. (See what I did there? 🙂 )

Plenty of SIN knowledge to be had here. Ben, of this ‘ere parish lives out there, and I, among others, spend a lot of time there.

FWIW –
    Chilli Crab at Long Beach, Dempsey
    Xia Long Bao at Din Tai Fung, Raffles Plaza
    Beers at Brotzeit, just outside Raffles Plaza
    Food of all sorts on Smith St in Chinatown. Hometown is my pick of the places there. Looks awful, tastes amazing! Just some formica topped tables, but great food.
    Maxwell Hawker’s market – street food snackage!

Need lots of stuff to do so we don’t get bored silly

Honeymoon – I suspect they’ll find plenty to keep themselves occupied….

crispo
    Free Member

We are actually having 5 days on Lombok as a chill out beach type holiday to begin with, and spend some quality time together!

We then have 2 nights on Gili, the small island between Bali and Lombok to do some snorkelling etc.

Then 5 nights near Ubud in Bali and I’m hoping to do some things like hike up the volcano and do a mountain bike ride back down too.

Then 2 nights in Singapore to finish off.

Thanks for the recommendations already flashy, will pick brains closer to the time too!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Singapore in July is hot. And wet. Astonishingly powerful rainstorms lash down, then within ten minutes everything’s dry again, but still damned hot. And humid.

I went to singapore for a week, then on to Bali then back to Singapore for another week end June/beginning of July and the weather was fine, hot but not unbearable and we got very little rain in Bali. We may have been lucky though.

legend
    Free Member

Honeymoon – I suspect they’ll find plenty to keep themselves occupied….

Still gotta have something to do when you come up for air. Incidentally mine’s a honeymoon too.

Crispo, that’s the sort of plan we’ve been thinking of, just the actual destination that’s escaping me at the moment.

legend
    Free Member

Ahem

legend
    Free Member

Move along, nothing to see here

legend
    Free Member

Booked – Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Ko Samui. Here goes nothing!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh wow legend youll have an awesome time. You planning on doing a trek in Chiang Mai? Do you scuba dive? Make sure you do Bangkok at end of holiday after you’ve had time to acclimatise you’ll enjoy it more or at least we did. Hated it when we landed, loved it after 2 weeks away. We did koh lanta fantastic place. We are planning on heading back in Nov only country so far we have both wanted to desperately retuen to. Awesome country and so cheap! X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘South-East Asia in July?’ is closed to new replies.